Sign in to follow this  
GreyLord

Rumor - FFG is buying the IP to Tannhauser!?

Okay, just picked this up, but I haven't been able to confirm this?

If it's true, maybe expansions will start coming out a LOT faster, and there will be FAR more support.  Unfortunately all I've heard is a rumor thus far...SOO it could be completely false, but if it turns out true...WOW...just Wow.  I can't confirm this though, so it could just be a completely false thing through the grapevine

Good News,however FFG has exhausted us with  ME Quest & the upcoming Chaos in The Old World,but it will probably take awhile for Tannhauser to be intergerated,so we might be ready to revive our interest when things begin to happen.

OD

Interesting news for Tannhauser. I wonder what the French players think about this and indeed what will happen to the French site? I do hope the minis quality won't go down in the mass production world. One thing that interests me most is the second edition rule set mentioned. Some of the combat mechanics of the game do bug me and maybe they will be addressed in this new rule set. I would also bin the path finder maps if I was FFG. They rob a lot of space on the board and I am sure normal squares would make for more room for maneuver and make for a better game. If there was ever a time for a major change to the rules and game board it would be now. I would also like to see some sort of supporting card decks to add variation and more strategy into the game maybe a bit like TOI (this is what field op's should have been in my opinion). They could even alter the character cards  to handle damage better than they do at the moment and portray the character  stats more intelligently. At the moment they are all too similar.  Weapon ranges could also do with tweaking. Not being able to fire a heavy machine gun unless someone is the other side of the room has always seemed strange as does some of the equipment rules e.g. knife. Lets also hope we see a bit more support & new releases scheduled in the near future. The game has always suffered from lack of product. Well I will raise my hopes that the game is going through a positive twist. FFG do need to address some issues and now is definitely the time that most will probably be more accepting of these changes. Hell I would even buy the game again if it was a much improved version, what it should have been.

I think they mentioned the Daedalus expansion as coming out this year. Which would be nice. I'm glad the game sells, I think its fun and just pretty to look at. I'm cant wait to see the 2nd Edition rules. My main disappointment with the game is that their werent real scenarios out of the box. Maybe the rule changes will help that.

It's nice to hear, that Tannhauser revives! Really, it can make expansions and miniatures to come out faster, than before. Also, hope that along with Daedalus expansion we shall see also Wolf on free sale and other future single packs. It is great that FFG understood the potential of this cool game!

The FFG staff that I spoke to at GenCon confirrmed that we will be getting the new figures shown at the Toy Fair in another post here in the forums  Daedalus is supposed to be out in around trhee months.

toneturbo said:

The FFG staff that I spoke to at GenCon confirrmed that we will be getting the new figures shown at the Toy Fair in another post here in the forums  Daedalus is supposed to be out in around trhee months.

I'm dieing to know how differnt the rules will be for Tann2.0

Just hope they do not remove the path finding system.

I don't think they would remove the pathfinder system, that would make everyone's map obsolete and it's not in their nature to do so.

I would look at the examples set by Talisman and Battlelore, the core mechanics will remain the same but they'll clean up the rules a bit to make them easier to grasp and could possibly add some additional rules.  I wouldn't rule out an scenario book like they've done with Descent and Tide of Iron.

However, I think we have to be a bit patient to wait and see what's in store for this game, my guess is that it'll take them at least 6 months to announce any new expansions they make for the game.

What I am rooting for is getting the unpainted figures released in the US and the card game as well.

Cheers;

Chimaera said:

Interesting news for Tannhauser. I wonder what the French players think about this and indeed what will happen to the French site?

We didn't get any piece of information about this from Take On You staff. In fact the french team is reported missing since a while. Last news we had were the Field Ops FAQ around the end of may and Community Board Game  (JPC for Jeu de Plateau Communautaire in french) scores have not been updated since the end of the january-april campaign.