Sign in to follow this  
johnny shoes

FAQ 1.0 is huge.

I printed and read faq 1.0 over the last few days. It's 15 very nice colorful pages. It rivals the core rule book. It's almost too big to comment on. Four pages alone are just full page images.

Core: Story card F163 goes to "each domain" from "one of his domains." Sounds three times as drastic.

Core: Pulled Under and Serpent From Yoth are corrected to their CCG templating. Very minor.

Trent Dixon is confirmed very cool - never wounded or insane at his "other" stories, wins them on offense, defends all opposed stores.

Erich Zann gets a teaspoon measure of grammatical recompense. To be zanned remains the coin.

The Black Goat's Rage, Across Dimensions, and Literature Professor shed their "affiliation" for "faction." The terminology is being reigned back in. "HAS the SH faction?" anyway..

Julia spawns the "replacement effect." I can't wait for the boards to chime on this.

Arkham Advertiser Archives sheds "undrain" for "refresh." And the ship rights a degree more.

Summoning Circle - Exhausted replaces knelt. Winterfell!

Eye of the Deep is seriously amended. The charater has no abilities. These abilities it does not have are seriously enumerated. It's like the back of a concert ticket -  "keywords, passive abilities, and triggered abilities in the text box of the card." That is soundly addressed. But now the character is not "called Deep One." That makes sense. But it is stripped of getting the Deep One subtype. That's a shame, I think.

Scalethorn Asylum - Subtype replaces trait. And the weird language is almost up to dated.

Four instances of "Action" replacing "Any Phase."

Goodbye affiliation, undrain, knelt, trait, and any phase. We hardly understood you. Welcome Dreamlands.

There's so much more to discuss, but the errata is always the juiciest part. What have others found?

Eye of the Deep never gave the Deep One subtype, people just wanted it to.

Upon further reflection I think it's probably better it doesn't, for mirror matches and such. As is it can be very powerful if applied at the right time . . . you commit more guys at the right places, wait for them to commit theirs, and then pop Eye of the Deep. I'm glad they cleaned up the wording and the name changing, though. That was messy.

I still really hope to see some reprints of all the errataed cards at some point -- could do direct mail, or have it be part of the league kit, or even have you pay $5 for a big pack of them or something (that last method would be least scrupulous but still better than nothing).

Nice work, needs a printable version and another edit purely for legibility, as well of course as some more clarifications - for example,the 'Military Bike' clarification is a bit murky, can someone please turn the following into English...

"No, the defending player may not commit characters to stories where the attacking player has not committed characters to."

I think it means to say "The defending player may not commit characters to stories where the attacking player has no commited characters", but I'm not quite certain!

RobertIain said:

I think it means to say "The defending player may not commit characters to stories where the attacking player has no commited characters", but I'm not quite certain!

That's close but not quiet right. Even if the attacking player has no characters commited currently, lets say they (the attacker) commited one and then it was removed for some reason, the defending player can still move the military bike'd character there.

Dark Young said:

That's close but not quiet right. Even if the attacking player has no characters commited currently, lets say they (the attacker) commited one and then it was removed for some reason, the defending player can still move the military bike'd character there.

Thanks for that - I had a feeling I hadn't quite got it right, but wasn't sure what I was missing!

I really like the new FAQ/errata, except that if printed in black/white it is very difficult to read.

It deals with most of the card text annoyances, and I'm grateful for its release.

Learned half a dozen things by a close reading.  Must do a second. 

Chick