Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lancer T

second and third edition characters you'd like too see in the fourth edition?!

95 posts in this topic

It was comparison of Characters special abbilities to Talisman 2nd editon and Dark Cultist has its most powerfull abilitity taken from Warrior of Chaos. If it returns in Revised 4th editon it surely will have changed abbilities (like Philosopher because Sage replaced its abbilities from 2nd ed). For the moment it looks that they will not include Character's race in this edition like Chaos Sorcerer or Witch Elf (as it was in 3rd ed) but of course some abillities might be taken from them.

Velhart said:

A Dark Cultist is nothing compare to the look of a Chaos Warrior demonio.gif

I don't know about that. I'd run away from the Chaos Warrior, but would probably stick around if the Dark Cultist was coming toward me (even if she ultimately did end up sacrificing me or something) gran_risa.gif .

Croonos said:

It was comparison of Characters special abbilities to Talisman 2nd editon and Dark Cultist has its most powerfull abilitity taken from Warrior of Chaos. If it returns in Revised 4th editon it surely will have changed abbilities

I know, but i am just hoping for his return..

I agree that the abilities from the Chaos Warrior must be changed..( It don't work with trophy's

We shall see what the future holds..

Dam said:

Velhart said:

A Dark Cultist is nothing compare to the look of a Chaos Warrior demonio.gif

I don't know about that. I'd run away from the Chaos Warrior, but would probably stick around if the Dark Cultist was coming toward me (even if she ultimately did end up sacrificing me or something) gran_risa.gif .

Haha

I agree gran_risa.gif

Well to the Velhart's list I would add the HERO characters from the city expansion incl. King'd champion. archmage etc.

As to the Chaos Warrior. Well it is from the Warhammer's world by GW. Not sure 'bout the licensing...

As to my opinion I would love to see all the 'legacy' characters from the former editions altered or not I think that they all brought a lot fun to the game.

Let's dun forget 'bout the Cave expantion to the 2nd ed. released in only one country ;)

Kindest regards

Tomasz

No do not bring back time scape, and no do not add the Master level characters.

If you do a chaos warrior call it a Dark Knight

On second thought come out with a single small expansion (much like reaper) that allows master level characters, time-scape tom foolry, etc. I won't buy it but yes there are those who would and the cool thing is its all optional. Don't buy it if you don't want it, but if you do buy it.

Perhaps this would be a good last supplement for the game a 'all outlandish ideas considered'. The truth is the Master level Archmage is pimp. I know cuz I owned it and played with it but honestly you don't need it in the game yet I could see why someone likes it. I did enjoy playing with it but I also think it, like some elements of past version of the game might best be left in past versions.

How about new master characters.

I think three is probably enough: one good, one evil, one neutral. I'd also allow you to gain a bonus of 1 to two stats or perhaps 2 to a single stat of your choice (including Life if you want) so craft, strength, or life (thus increasing the max to 6 lives, and since we have Fate in the game that too.

Or you could increase craft and strength by 1, fate by 1, give one nice primary and one secondary ability, since truth be told the master level characters were a lot to remember during play, and had a bit too much info. Sure if you had a good memory like me you'd remember but even I forgot some of the features so this is one aspect I'd change if I designed it.

also having these acquired gives a boon to a single player who gets it, but if you want to weeny it out a bit to make other players feel less pain have 2 good, 2 evil, 2 neutral choices so that in a game potentially up to 6 players can have it (not that it is very likely to happen but could)

OH finally, my idea. I would add a Jester character, perhaps this would be a neutral master character. The single best thing about the character besides having the Jester follower as a good companion is the ability to alter any die roll +/- 1 which (if you think about it) is an AWESOME power to get to add one or subtract one to any die you roll. Dude they are lucky as luck can be, and chaotic.

Perhaps an ability to Jest which is much like an Enchant ability except it reduces the opponent into laughter (and would be a power usable against other players only)

Foreshadow said:

The Dark knight( aka Chaos Warrior) is a good solution to bring him in the game.

But i hope he has the look of a chaos warrior then, so i can recognize him gran_risa.gif

Velhart said:

Foreshadow said:

The Dark knight( aka Chaos Warrior) is a good solution to bring him in the game.

But i hope he has the look of a chaos warrior then, so i can recognize him gran_risa.gif

The Warrior of Chaos? Seconded. Fun character... interesting bonuses and he looks 100% scary while also looking 200% cool. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I'd also love to see the Valkyrie return. She's my favourite character from any part of 2E Talisman!

The return of the Inquisitor, Minstrel, and Sorceress would also make me very happy.

A list of characters that we don't have yet for 4th revised edition 

Astronomer
Barbarian
Beastman
Black Orc
Centaur
Chaos Dwarf
Chaos Warrior ( i hope they wil return) otherwise make it a dark knight then)
Chaos Sorcerer
Conjurer
Dark Elf
Dragon Priest
Dragon Rider
Dragon Slayer
Fire Wizard
Goblin Fanatic
Halfling
High Priest
Hobgoblin
Inquisitor
Knight Templer ( replaces as Knight from 2th?)
Martial Artist
Minotaur
Ninja
Orc
Pilgrim
Pirate
Pit Fighter (lost file)
Questing Knight
Ranger
Samurai
Saracen
Satyr
Scout
Seer ( lost file)
Shaman
Skaven ( will probably not see the light..)
Soldier
Spy
Swordsman
Wardancer
Witch ( lost file)
Witch Doctor
Witch Elf
Witch Hunter ( lost file)
Woodsman
Wraith ( lost file)
Zulu

Excluding Time scape/ The cave((polish) characters

Adding some notes...

High priest has almost the same abilities as normal priest in 2th) will probably not be released i think..

Shaman has gypsy abilities. ( maybe that FFG will give him new abilities in the future)

Astronomer has prophetess abilties..( maybe for the future with new abilities)

-

PS: I think that the Chaos Warrior and Knight Templer (titles) will not see the light anymore ( changed to Dark Cultist and normal Knight with temple ability)

I agree with do not bring back timescape.  I generally really hate it when future/space/alien stuff gets put into fantasy-based games.

The one character I always enjoyed playing and would love to see come back: The Inquisitor!  I never played him to win, just to be as obnoxious as possible with throwing people in jail for heresy.  Man that was some good stuff.  Of course, I usually got hunted to oblivion eventually and restarted, but I enjoyed myself the whole time.

I would just like to see the most generic and iconic fantasy characters/classes/species implemented;

Barbarian
Dark Elf
Halfling
Ranger

As well as the high level characters from the city.

Beyond those I can accept whatever.

JemyM said:

I would just like to see the most generic and iconic fantasy characters/classes/species implemented;

Barbarian
Dark Elf
Halfling
Ranger

Beyond those I can accept whatever.

We really need those characters indeed.aplauso.gif

They can always change the name of the Dark Elf!

I am just updating the list which characters we don't have yet for 4th revised edition.

• Barbarian,
  • Centaur,
  • Conjurer
  • Dark Elf/ Witch Elf
  • Dragon Priest
  • Dragon Rider
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Fire Wizard
  • Halfling
  • Inquisitor
  • Martial Artist
  • Minotaur
  • Ninja
  • Pilgrim
  • Pirate
  • Pit fighter (lost file
  • Ranger
  • Samurai
  • Saracen
  • Satyr
  • Scout
  • Soldier
  • Spy
  • Swordsman
  • Witchdoctor
  • Woodsman
  • Wraith (lost file)
  • Zulu

Some characters have almost the same special abiltities as other characters, or looks almost the same.

• Astronomer= Prophetess
  • Beastman= From games workshop?
  • Black orc, Orc Goblin Fanatic= we have already a Goblin Shaman and Ogre Chieftain too)
  • Chaos Dwarf= from games workshop
  • Chaos Warrior= Change to dark cultist
  • Chaos Sorcerer= change to Dread Knight
  • High Priest= Normal Priest
  • Knight Templer= Knight 4thR
  • Questing Knight= Chivalric Knight
  • Seer(lost file)= Has prophetess, and sage ability's
  • Shaman= Gypsy (skills)
  • War Dancer= almost the Highlander
  • Witch= Sorceress(skills)
  • Witch Hunter= Inquisitor ( with a extra witch kill ability)

I am just updating the list which characters we don't have yet for 4th revised edition.

• Barbarian,
  • Centaur,
  • Dark Elf/ Witch Elf
  • Halfling
  • Inquisitor
  • Martial Artist
  • Ninja
  • Pilgrim
  • Pirate
  • Pit fighter (lost file
  • Ranger
  • Samurai
  • Saracen
  • Satyr
  • Scout
  • Soldier
  • Spy
  • Swordsman
  • Witchdoctor
  • Woodsman
  • Wraith (lost file)
  • Zulu

I hope that the Barbarian, Ranger and Halfling is included in the next expansion.

I miss those characters!

I also like to see the Pirate or the Satyr.

talismanamsilat said:

I have a hunch that the Woodsman, Barbarian, and Halfling will be in the next expansion cool.gif

Ell.

Good hunch then! gran_risa.gif

That would be awesome!

I was looking at the woodsman from 2th edition, and he has some interesting abilty's, but i hope that FFG mores him more interesting than the 2th edition

The way i would do it is:

Strength 3 /  Craft 3.   Fate: 2. gold: 1 Lives 4

- He begins with a axe

- When using a axe he may add 2 to his strength instead of 1.

- You don't have to roll in the forest

- When you are on a woods space, you draw 2 cards and discard one of your choice

If there is already a card on the woods space when you land there, draw a new one and discard one of your choice.

- If you are on the woods, instead of rolling the die for your move, you may move to any other woods in the same region.

Alignment Neutral. Start: Woods 

gran_risa.gif

I think it would be a good idea to bring back this topic to the top. Especially as we are getting some City spoilers :)

Does Blood Moon cross anything out of the list?

guciomir said:

I think it would be a good idea to bring back this topic to the top. Especially as we are getting some City spoilers :)

Does Blood Moon cross anything out of the list?

All the 3 blood Moon characters are new, and they are not retro characters

( PS: I have keep the Pit Fighter in the list)

It´s very difficult to guess who the characters are from the city expansion, especially the blue guy….

Velhart said:

• Barbarian,
  • Centaur,
  • Dark Elf/ Witch Elf
  • Halfling
  • Inquisitor
  • Martial Artist
  • Ninja
  • Pilgrim
  • Pirate
  • Pit fighter (lost file
  • Ranger
  • Samurai
  • Saracen
  • Satyr
  • Scout
  • Soldier
  • Spy
  • Swordsman
  • Witchdoctor
  • Woodsman
  • Wraith (lost file)
  • Zulu

Strange that the halfling ranger and barbarian haven't made it in yet. seems like those should have been in the first expansion at least.

Halfling said:

Velhart said:

• Barbarian,
  • Centaur,
  • Dark Elf/ Witch Elf
  • Halfling
  • Inquisitor
  • Martial Artist
  • Ninja
  • Pilgrim
  • Pirate
  • Pit fighter (lost file
  • Ranger
  • Samurai
  • Saracen
  • Satyr
  • Scout
  • Soldier
  • Spy
  • Swordsman
  • Witchdoctor
  • Woodsman
  • Wraith (lost file)
  • Zulu

Strange that the halfling ranger and barbarian haven't made it in yet. seems like those should have been in the first expansion at least.

I agree.

Those 3 characters together with the Dark Elf are the most important characters from that list.

I'm really not want to see the Ninja, Zulu, Samurai or Saracen in 4:th ed. They don't belong in the Talisman-world. Not going by those names at least.

For those who still wants to see them and their abilities a hope for a namechange.

Here are some suggestion:

Ninja - Shadowwarrior

Samurai - Master of Arms

Saracen - Raider, Reaver or Slaver

Zulu - Tribesman or Tribal Warrior

I'm not sure about the Halfling either. Halflings and Orcs feel to much as a Tolkien ripoff…