Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lancer T

second and third edition characters you'd like too see in the fourth edition?!

95 posts in this topic

One awesome element from the talisman series was the diverse selection in characters.Now that the fourth revised edition is soon too arrive what old faces would you like too see reincarnated in the fourth ed.The reclusive ninja tops my list as a return character.Of course i'd rather see them all return !gui%C3%B1o.gif

I agree with you - I really like having a variety of characters. I certainly would like to see the Vampire brought back. I also liked the Highlander....

i also want them all to return. #1 for me would be the space marine gran_risa.gif

i would also like to see the upgrade templets. like the mage and/or the kings champion. i always thought it was cool that your charecter could change/upgrade there states/special abilites like that. i hope ffg brings them back and/or make new ones.aplauso.gif

i also hope they dont disapear like everyone else does or drop the game.sad.gif

I would love the Space Marine as well. I really dug Timescape. I'm guessing we're not going to see it this time around though....

vogless said:

I would love the Space Marine as well. I really dug Timescape. I'm guessing we're not going to see it this time around though....

And that would be the best decision FFG could do... Timescape wasn´t balanced at ALL. The Space MArine and the Astrophath were both OVERpowered (such as the monk...). 

For me the Scout was a nice Char... not as powerful as most of the other Chars, but with the nice Ability of using Places JUST for himself. 

I would love to see the Merchant & Leprechaun they were unique and had unique & very interesting abilities. They added flavor to the game anytime someone played them. Some of my favorites to play was The Ninja, The Ghoul, & The Dark Elf.

All I want is to get all the characters from the original Expansion + Adventure. That's all. Those are what I grew up with (well, debatable, but you get the idea gui%C3%B1o.gif ) and provided tons of different games.

Oh yeah, alternate ending from Adventure as well. Dam(n), I miss Horrible Black Void llorando.gif !

hotel2051 said:

i also want them all to return. #1 for me would be the space marine gran_risa.gif

i would also like to see the upgrade templets. like the mage and/or the kings champion. i always thought it was cool that your charecter could change/upgrade there states/special abilites like that. i hope ffg brings them back and/or make new ones.aplauso.gif

OH YEAH!!! I remeber the upgrades. Those did rule.....

As far as Timescape being unbalanced, let's face it, ALL the expansions had their quirks. IF FFG was ever to do ANY of the old expansions, I'd like to see them keep the names and concepts, then rebuild it from the ground up...

vogless said:

hotel2051 said:

OH YEAH!!! I remeber the upgrades. Those did rule.....

As far as Timescape being unbalanced, let's face it, ALL the expansions had their quirks. IF FFG was ever to do ANY of the old expansions, I'd like to see them keep the names and concepts, then rebuild it from the ground up...

Timescape was the only expansion I never gotsad.gif...However I have all other expansions. So I can't really comment on Timescape but I agree the other expansions did have their own little quirks that were cool and some unbalanced. Honestly, though I liked the upgrade characters. The Sheriff, King's Champion, and The Master Thief were all very good and a lot of fun to play. The Arch Mage however was broken. We actually removed that from the game when we played. Getting the Arch Mage almost meant an auto win. If they did want to bring the Arch Mage back I hope they tone him down balance him out and maybe spruce up the Sheriff a little which was the weakest of the upgrade characters.

You are right on about the archmage!He was just as broken as the prophetess. He was almost like playing with a pair of loaded dice wich equals no fun since you were likley too win with him every time.I usually allowed him in the game for weaker players too use too try too even the playing field, but even the weaker players won with him most of the time! I would still like too see his return if possible,but fixed as was the prophetess and the monk.

I've always found playing the Necromancer quite fun. Would be cool to have him back. But, truth be told, I want *all* 2nd ed characters updated! While we wait, I just might start updating them myself. Don't hold me on that one though, already got several projects running for various games...

I thank you for your time

Lord Gorthuar de Veris

Cult of Nagash

The Thief, the assassin, the prophetess, and the dude who could weild two weapons at once (I can't remeber what he was called but I remember he kicked some major @$$).

Overall, I'd rather see them redo all the old stuff, in a fixed form,  then add new. It sounds like this isn't going to be the case though. So, I'll just have to wait and see. The good news is that WHATEVER they come out with, I have faith FFG will keep it balanced...

Gorthuar said:

I've always found playing the Necromancer quite fun. Would be cool to have him back. But, truth be told, I want *all* 2nd ed characters updated! While we wait, I just might start updating them myself. Don't hold me on that one though, already got several projects running for various games...

I thank you for your time

Lord Gorthuar de Veris

Cult of Nagash

Good Call!!...The Necromancer was fun.

I agree with what some others have said.  FFG should, at least, include the characters (and cards, alt endings, etc) found in the expansion and adventure sets of the 2nd edition.  I LOVED the ranger, woodsman (yeah I know) and warrior of chaos.  I also liked the questing knight from the dragons expansion.  I know not a lot of folks had this coveted set, but it did make things interesting. 

As far as expansions in general, I always liked the city and dungeon too.  Timescape was interesting and since I loved WH 40k at the time, being a space marine was a blast....but super unbalanced.  I walways thought an ocean expansion would be cool.  Something where you leave with a pirate ship or trade runner/shipping vessel and encounter the dread pirate Roberts (haha), sea creatures, mermaids and get lured into a magical underwater realm or atlantis-like place.

They are some characters that i want to see back in the fourth edition revised

1 Vampire

2 Dark Elf

3 Chaos Warrior and Chaos Sorcerer

Other characters that look nice to fit in the game are

Halfling, Leprechaun, Satyr, Valkyrie,Dragon Rider(if there are more dragons iincluded)  Barbarian, Minotaur with more ability's. Witch elf etc

I would like to see a knight/paladin character somewhere. The Knight Templar from 3rd Ed or Questing Knight from the expansion (can't remember which) would be nice. :D

I liked most of the 2E characters. I did not like the oriental characters, witch doctor and zulu. Don't get the wrong idea, I do think we need some non-caucasians depicted as characters, more women as well. Any of the characters made in the future could be drawn to fill those needs.

I just think that the characters were just shoe horned in for the sake of having them.

The ranger, hobbit and leprechaun were fun.

I hope that we get differents toads as:

warrior toad, mage toad, ranger toads etc.

Maybe a toad character with a sword or something would be nicegran_risa.gif

Hands down the coolest character from second edition was the Chainsaw Warrior! Seriously though, I remember when we first opened the Timescape box and saw his character card - no one wanted to play anyone else. Timescape may not have been the most balanced expansion, but I think it added a lot of variety and fun to the game.

A chainsaw warrior?

sounds cool.

But it would be better if it is a frankenstein type with a chainsawgran_risa.gif I will love it gran_risa.gif Or a killing lumberjack lolgran_risa.gif 

If vampire's are allowed in talisman, then they may add frankenstein toogran_risa.gif

I have rather a frankenstein type with chainsaw than allowing machine guns in talismangran_risa.gif

Chainsaw Warrior was awesome! I won each time I played him, IIRC. He wasn't allowed in the City, I think, which meant I could kill all of the Enemies on the main board while all the others were scrambling to become the High Mage! gran_risa.gif