Sign in to follow this  
SpeakingDemon

Water movement in Innsmouth?

Hello all, and thank you in advance for your advice.  I also apologize for the fact that I am about to post on a game that isn't exactly in front of me, so I will, at best, be able to describe my question in indirect terms.

In the Innsmouth Horror expansion, there is a location at which you can spend two (?) dollars to move to any water location, or to bring any investigator to your location.

There are also two water locations in Innsmouth that are not connected to the rest of the board, and can obviously only be reached by boat.

My question is, does going to these locations strand you until some other player comes up and pays two dollars for you to come back?

Sorry for the vagueness, and thanks again.

SpeakingDemon said:

There are also two water locations in Innsmouth that are not connected to the rest of the board, and can obviously only be reached by boat.

My question is, does going to these locations strand you until some other player comes up and pays two dollars for you to come back?

There are Aquatic locations in Kingsport and Arkham as well. You should also be able to move to an Aquatic street (can't remember what the board says exactly), though less often is this useful. Devil's Reef and Y'ha both have encounters that can get you back to the mainland so to speak, so you can get back without help, though help is a safer and most of the time faster way.

Ok, so a potential way back is through the encounters there.  That makes sense, but when my crew and I were playing it for the first time Sunday night, we took one look at it, scratched our heads, and turned our attention back to defeating Zhar, rather than dedicate two players turns to exploring those locations.

Thanks for the reply, that makes things much clearer.

Well, Falcon Point is Movement Phase, so you can dash-and-splash so to speak, move there, pay $2 to move someone from another aquatic location there and move on. And there is always Silly Sally (aka Silas Marsh gran_risa.gif ) and his ability to move from aquatic to aquatic.

came up yesterday,   I got delayed   at Falcon point during the encounter phase.    Is it permissible to (the next turn)  activate the location's special ability and move yourself somewhere else?    What about to move another investigator to falcon point?

Good question. I guess it falls in line with whether you think that being delayed means that you simply don't move (and get 0 movement points), or that you can't do anything during the movement phase, except deal with monsters.

dj2.0 said:

Id have to say no, delayed pins you down. I can see it that by the rules that you can move on, though.

I ran into this and played it that you can use the ability to pay $2 and move to another aquatic location since it doesn't cost movement points. Or, and I think this is the way it actually ended up happening, the guy delayed at Falcon point paid $2 to move another investigator from an aquatic location to him.