Sign in to follow this  
Santiago

Why not a contest for the best fan art?

Great idea.

There are some fantastic fan artists about.  It'd be great if FFG organised something...perhaps even giving the chance of getting the winner into a publication.

I think it would be best to theme it though...perhaps something like;

'Picture your acolyte'

or

choose one of the key themes from DH ('1 minute to midnight', 'taint in all things' etc.) and create an image that expresses that...

Luddite said:

Great idea.

There are some fantastic fan artists about.  It'd be great if FFG organised something...perhaps even giving the chance of getting the winner into a publication.

I think it would be best to theme it though...perhaps something like;

'Picture your acolyte'

or

choose one of the key themes from DH ('1 minute to midnight', 'taint in all things' etc.) and create an image that expresses that...

Also perhaps dividing it into categories of digital art and traditional art. Im a modest pencil pushing artist myself and have not gotten to acquire a Wacom Tablet just yet (expensive piece of tech!), so it's kind of hard to compete against everyone who incorporates spiffy digital effects with photoshop.

Art can be expressed in different ways, so let's acknowledge that fact if a contest is to be held, don't you agree? gui%C3%B1o.gif