Sign in to follow this  
zeb

Comprehensive FAQ project: can we have an update?

Hi,

Many questions have been posted on the sticky thread "Comprehensive FAQ project", but there was no follow-up since then. Can we have an update on the status of this very useful project?

Many thanks in advance.

not allowed to post in that forum, but here are my takes on recent questions.

1.  If it's a QU game and the 1st player gets devourerd but not by the Dust,  reshuffle the decks and pass the 1st player token.  (this is the answer I am iffy-ist about, but I still maintain that it makes the most logical sense)

2.  I think Kate can't be monstered in OWs, they aren't locations strictly speaking, but she needs some love anyway, and it coheres well with the other answers I'm about to give which seem intuitive.   Streets count as locations for Tommy's ability.   Street works for Minh, so does OW.   Silas can totally sail to/from aquatic streets, including with the Streets are Flooded card.    Vinny can do that in OWs as well (ditto with Carolyn).   For Milk, streets are fine, OWs are not,  you have to choose a valid location that there could be monsters at milking in an OW doesn't work because the monsters aren't 'allowed' to be there.

3.  Mists of Ryleh can certainly be used on Martial Law.   It passes an evade check,   which the check for martial law is.   The mechanics for the casting mod to the spell are also clearly in place.

4.  You may fight monsters/ evade martial law in any order you choose.

5.  Things that count as cultists count as cultists for all purposes, including personal stories, Rhan Tegoth's ability, and being removed from the cup vs. certain AOs.

6.  Finn Edwards still must discard items that are 'discard to use' such as most tomes, dynamite, holy water, etc.  His ability basically applies when he is KOed, or when an encounter would make him lose an item.  Also, I suppose he doesn't have to discard to the Rat Thing.  Finn is also protected from Cthugua and Ithaqua's ability.

7.  Interesting point which I hadn't thought of before.   Yes, I suppose that Hank Samson is immune to the effects of Nightmarish, so long  as he doesn't fail the first combat check and be forced to go into 'horror mode'.

Guest Not In Sample

It is being worked on currently. With GenCon and BlizzCon swiftly approaching our attentions are firmly focused on Con preparation. It should be out shortly.

Thanks,

JR