Sign in to follow this  
Toolian

Any news

I stop by daily and see if anyone slips by here or Tannbunker but both seem as dead as the French ToY board ... Perhaps the Reich won and the resulting turmoil is affecting our reality.

preocupado.gif

There's a little contradiction in your sentence, but I'll let you have a guess for it :) (Hint : it may be in the 4th and 6th words)

And by the way, I'd be glad you people give your opinion about the conversion work FFG made on that game on my nearby thread, lads. That's be nice of you !

Hem said:

There's a little contradiction in your sentence, but I'll let you have a guess for it :) (Hint : it may be in the 4th and 6th words)

And by the way, I'd be glad you people give your opinion about the conversion work FFG made on that game on my nearby thread, lads. That's be nice of you !

There is no contradiction with the sentence.

It is a question. A complete question with no contradictions.

Where are the Frenchies (ToY who is a French based company) and why are the NOT worling on this wonderful game! llorando.gif

Still waiting I seebostezo.gif...I waited forever for the game to come out & then for the promised expansions.Then we stopped waiting.It's a shame my game group was really fired up over Tannhauser but now it's a dust collector. Too bad great theme & a nice mechanic but the glacial support has killed it for us.

Some games you can work around the lack of support but with it's specialized boards Tannhauser isn't one of them.A lot of promises but little progress.

OD

Sundance Kid, you didn't quite get my joke, I said there was a contradiction because you're asking why the frenchies aren't working on their games... well, if you prefer another way of joking about it, I'd say your answer is already in your question !

Now if you really do like that game as it looks like, could you and the Old Dwarf (no offense) give your opinion on my question thread about this game ! Come on, try to introduce more players to that game !

My guess is that we'll have to wait a few week until the end of the summer to get an update from Take On You. BTW even those of us who have regular contacts with the TOY staff do not know what's is happening now.

One of my wild guess is that something " big" is coming next. And by that I mean Tannhauser being outsourced to a bigger editor. While it may be a complete bogus, I'm very surprised by the lack of updates from TOY, especially the absence of preview from the 3 single pack who were meant to be released in June...

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from GenCon last night, I have good news.

A box copy of Daedalus was on display.  According to the FFG staff I talked with, it is with at the copiers right now.  It may be a few months before it will be released ( like 3 or so).

They also confirmed that Tannhauser is still going to be strongly supported.  Accordingly, an announcement is supposed to be made in the next few days on the FFG website.

And lastly, I could not get a confirmation nor denial about what is going on with TOY.

BTW, they still had Wolf for sale at GenCon, too.

Enjoy!

D6 Generation is reporting on their Twitter feed that FFG announced their purchase of the full IP of Tannhauser, with a cleaned up translation of the rules coming soon in PDF.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this.  Fingers crossed that new product is speedier than it has been for BattleLore (though that's apparently been explained today too).

Toneturbo, did you get a chance to see what the contents of FFG's Daedalus will be?

I didn't read it closely, but it looked to be the same as the French version:  two new maps, new rules and new tokens.  It did not seem to contain any new figures.  It was fairly flat.

Drop Bear said:

Is this Good or Bad for our chances of geting a RPG?

Dunno what FFG's gonna do with the Tannhäuser license but if you want a Tannhäuser RPG, I'm working on an amateur version with some other french players (TOY allowed us to freely use the game's background, characters and art). If you can read french, check www.tannhauser-jdr.org; if you can't, you'll have to wait for us to translate the game when our final version will be completed.

Heck I'm Dyslexic and folks say I have enough trouble with English. But Truth be told I flunked year 8 (High School First Form) French with the lowest possible grade (and that was 25 years ago).

the Closest I come to speaking French are a dew poorly pronounced Obstinateness and quoting 'Allo 'Allo. Hell I'd most probably make Officer Crabtree sound like a native speaker.