Sign in to follow this  
DeeJay2

Location, Location, Location (of players)

Tallgeese said:

deejay says

I was wondering where in the world Aldershot was....[i love that well known mapping software]...I shall have to come and visit as it may be a touch closer than the Heart of England; don't worry Tearmat - I shall make both trips!

Waterloo to Aldershot, less than an hour..........happy.gif

We can just drag Mark and Lee down and make a session of it.... happy.gif

I'm sure we can be convinced to travel occasionally.......  don't know about getting the Heart of England going regularly agian. We'll have to see what we can do and what the interest develops.  But it looks good initially.  cool.gif

I live in Austria, Klagenfurt, and am really looking forward to the release of this game. It will be my first foray into the Warhammer World and Fantasy Flight. 

Really enjoying the previews .. please keep them coming.

Cheers D

tearmat said:

Tallgeese said:

deejay says

I was wondering where in the world Aldershot was....[i love that well known mapping software]...I shall have to come and visit as it may be a touch closer than the Heart of England; don't worry Tearmat - I shall make both trips!

Waterloo to Aldershot, less than an hour..........happy.gif

We can just drag Mark and Lee down and make a session of it.... happy.gif

I'm sure we can be convinced to travel occasionally.......  don't know about getting the Heart of England going regularly agian. We'll have to see what we can do and what the interest develops.  But it looks good initially.  cool.gif

I'm hoping to do some sort of launch event, haven't quite worked out what or what we could use as prizes as yet, but as soon as I know the exact release date I will put more thought in to it. Beer will be involved at some point over the weekend. gran_risa.gif

Killer Power said:

jogo said:

I hope I will find some people around Frankfurt / Germany for play.

Here! HERE! Pick me, pick me! :D

No, honestly, I'm quiet happy that someone from Frankfurt is writing here. I think we will be able to meet for a game or two. ;)

Yeah, why not.

And are yout at Essen 2009?

jogo said:

Killer Power said:

jogo said:

I hope I will find some people around Frankfurt / Germany for play.

Here! HERE! Pick me, pick me! :D

No, honestly, I'm quiet happy that someone from Frankfurt is writing here. I think we will be able to meet for a game or two. ;)

Yeah, why not.

And are yout at Essen 2009?

I'm originally from Essen and my parents still live there so: Sure I'm in Essen 2009! I'm a regulary participant since 1998... ;o)

If I understand your question correct, I presume that you will be there too? If yes: On which day(s)?

Marius said:

...and I also have planned to be at Spiel. I have to come from the Netherlands, so I'll prolly be there saturday or sunday only....

Uh.... Saturdays on the SPIEL is like hell! I always try to avoid this. Normally you can find me there on thursday and sunday... Well, maybe our pathes will cross?

Could polish up my dutch... ;o)

Killer Power said:

Marius said:

...and I also have planned to be at Spiel. I have to come from the Netherlands, so I'll prolly be there saturday or sunday only....

Uh.... Saturdays on the SPIEL is like hell! I always try to avoid this. Normally you can find me there on thursday and sunday... Well, maybe our pathes will cross?

We'll see. :D

Otherwise, if the game releases soon enough, I hope to bring a deck to the Stahleck event.

I hope get something going in Bloomington/Normal, IL. Or really Central IL in general. I'm gonna try and get some demo decks or something if the core set isn't out, to use at FlatCon.

Also, shouldn't you be moving soon Rings? and when you do are you leaving your store up and running?

Marius said:

Killer Power said:

Marius said:

We'll see. :D

Otherwise, if the game releases soon enough, I hope to bring a deck to the Stahleck event.

I am wondering what Stahleck event you mean.

The Heidelberger Stahleck was some months ago and unitl next year, I hope that there will be some WILCG (or is WI the used short term?) boxes.

Osiris said:

Portsmouth U.K

Hello from the SOuth Coast :)*waves*

Make sure you find your way up to Aldershot for the release event (once the details are sorted out).

Posting this so Tallgeese doesn't have to. gran_risa.gif

ChaosChild said:

Osiris said:

Portsmouth U.K

Make sure you find your way up to Aldershot for the release event (once the details are sorted out).

Aldershot is but a stones throw away. Probably be a couple of us at minimum? that ok?

Osiris

jogo said:

I am wondering what Stahleck event you mean.

The Heidelberger Stahleck was some months ago and unitl next year, I hope that there will be some WILCG (or is WI the used short term?) boxes.

This one

It's a CoC / AGoT event, but there is always room to gunsling a few other games as well... ;) It's planned for december this year.

I just recently moved to Canton, Ohio. Which sucks because now that there is a game I am excited about again all the people I want to play with are too far away. Hopefully it will not be too difficult to find some people to play with.

Staton said:

I hope get something going in Bloomington/Normal, IL. Or really Central IL in general. I'm gonna try and get some demo decks or something if the core set isn't out, to use at FlatCon.

Also, shouldn't you be moving soon Rings? and when you do are you leaving your store up and running?

Nebraska is 2010 for sure (October, after the U of Washington/U of Nebraska football game in Seattle). 

I sold the store 6/30/09, for better or worse (mainly, better).  Hope to see you guys more!

Osiris said:

ChaosChild said:

Osiris said:

Portsmouth U.K

Aldershot is but a stones throw away. Probably be a couple of us at minimum? that ok?

Osiris

The more the merrier dude...........happy.gif

As soon as I have the details for the release event in Aldershot I will be posting them on here.

rings said:

Seattle, WA will have it going on!

Can you provide any more details? I'm very interested in picking up and playing Warhammer regularly, but only just moved to the area recently and have no clue as to whether people are planning to play here...