Sign in to follow this  
Rojoto

Active Mission Cards

Okay, we've played this a few times and I was just reviewing the rules to start another game.  When going over the Mission rules I have a question.  

Can you have more than one active mission?

I don't see anything in the rule book that says you can't and looking at the corner of the board, it just says "Take 1 Mission".

One of our biggest complaints of the game is getting stuck with a painful mission that's taking forever to finish and the rest of the gamers are finishing theirs and moving on.

I was thinking of instituting a house rule of being able to pay 2 loyalty in order to trade in a mission.

Thoughts?

Thanks

No, you can only have 1 active Mission. Ultramarine corner space allows you to draw a second Mission and choose which one to keep, so you end up with only 1 Mission, but can swap a really hard Mission for likely an easier one.

"A player can never have more than one

active mission at a time. If a player with an active mission
draws a Mission card, he immediately chooses one
Mission card to keep as his active mission and discards all
other Mission cards." (p. 18)

You can have and play with 2 active missions if you gain the "Adeptus Astartes Champion" card (only if you possess the last expansion then; and you have a relative "token" when you safely end the movement onto the space "Emperor's Throne" of the last tier in the Sol System Board.