Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Wave 2 Article is up! Here they come!

Im just doing some comparisons of my own with the ISD and MC80.

ISD = 3Black, 2Blue, 3Red, from the front.

So you need to get real close to roll all 8 dice. From what I've played so far no one is stupid enough to get the close in the front arc of my VSD1. With the VSD2 I tend to find I'll get a few shots off from the front a range 3 and if i'm lucky a single range 2 (so 6 dice). After that I spend most of my time fring out of my sides and rear arcs as I try to turn around. If you compare that to the ISD it will get the 3 red at range 3 and 5 dice (3B/2R) at range 2.

But the 4 dice at range 2 from the side is ok plus if you up grade for the 10 pt turbolasers to get the 1 extra red 5 is nothing to be sniffed at.

But the MC80 although not great on the front, has 6 dice at range 2 on the sides with ways of increasing that 2 7! With a wide fire arc to boot, 2 redirects and more shields than the ISD I think the CR80 will easily overpower the ISD.

Still we're not getting any info on maneuverability or engineering of the two but the ISD can't be any better than the VSD? Also the points cost can play a factor.

Edit: well maybe not easily overpower but Id put the odds in its favour.

Edited by Neffer

Im just doing some comparisons of my own with the ISD and MC80.

ISD = 3Black, 2Blue, 3Red, from the front.

So you need to get real close to roll all 8 dice. From what I've played so far no one is stupid enough to get the close in the front arc of my VSD1. With the VSD2 I tend to find I'll get a few shots off from the front a range 3 and if i'm lucky a single range 2 (so 6 dice). After that I spend most of my time fring out of my sides and rear arcs as I try to turn around. If you compare that to the ISD it will get the 3 red at range 3 and 5 dice (3B/2R) at range 2

You don't point your Star Destroyer at the enemy, you point your Star Destroyer at where the enemy wants to be.  Make them decide between avoiding the front arc and accomplishing their objective.

I would rather point the port or starbord ark of fire line on the Impstar at an enemy and shoot 12 dice into a ship at close range before commands or upgrades thats gonna be some overkill right there lol.

Anyone good with math want to field a guess on the cost of the ISD and the Mon Cal based on the ships we already have?  I'm thinking with the 400 point limit that we could field two, but I'm curious how many points we'll have left over.

One thing in the article that I think could simply be an oversight - it says that the Raider corvette is the first Imperial small ship. I thought the Gladiator was also a small sized ship, so I could very well be missing something... Or it could have been an in-universe reference? I don't know, just seemed unusual.

One thing in the article that I think could simply be an oversight - it says that the Raider corvette is the first Imperial small ship. I thought the Gladiator was also a small sized ship, so I could very well be missing something... Or it could have been an in-universe reference? I don't know, just seemed unusual.

Yeah, it is a bit odd. The Gladiator does indeed seem to be on a small base, though it also has the medium base swoopy flight stand.

I originally thought that the Gladiator is mounted on a Medium sized base, especially given how it is packaged, and the swoop thing on the base. From the pictures it appears the Gladiator is on a small base, but the card indicates that it's in the same category as a Nebulon-B both in speed and damage capacity. Remind me not to get close to them. :)

As for the ISD and Home One, I'm likely to get at least one of each... sigh.

Interesting.  They kind of let us in on the Difference between the MC30a Scout Frigate (on the card) and the Torpedo Frigate (on the stand)  The Scout has a red die where the Torpedo has a Blue

Why does the Mc30c come with objective tokens? is their going to be more/additional objectives being added?

Maby they represent cluster bombs that it can drop

Edited by Microscop

Victory is about 35% more expensive than gladiator so Imperial should cost around 115 points.

That's my estimate, and with upgrades and the Commander it will be about half of your fleet points. It will be a monster, but a monster with a big target painted on its hull. If you bring a another ISD or a VSD you will not have enough points for a lot of support. This will not be an easy list to win with.

Am I the only one wondering what that new defensive token previewed with the ISD is?   Looks like it cancels a die or something based on  the image.  

NVM I just used my eyes to read.  It's called Contain and looks like it cancels a critical effect.  

Edited by Crabbok

The Ackbar Slash was a space warfare tactical maneuver[2] devised by Admiral Gial Ackbar.[1] It involved driving a battle line through the center of the enemy formation, a move that was ideally suited to the Alliance to Restore the Republic's Mon Calamari Star Cruisers due to their multiple deflector shield generators. As the line drove through the enemy formation, the attacking ships delivered broadsides to the enemy on both sides.

From the article:

Better yet, this Mon Calamari starship is even more powerful when flown under the command of Admiral Ackbar, who can add two red attack dice to any attack made by a starship that fires only from its left and right hull zones during its activation.

Nice.