Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Wave 2 Article is up! Here they come!

The Raider seems to be the Empire's anti-Squadron ship.   2 Black dice for anti-squads seems pretty nice, or a black and a blue for the Raider 2.  

7 Hull on the Falcon!

Those Mon Cal ships look awesome!  With that ultra wide side arc and heavy side arms they are gonna be heavy hitters!

I am now really really anxious to see the commander version of Vader - the art on the card is incredible though.

Also - the Relentless title at 3 points making the ISD only require a command stack of two? Yes please...

Or Admiral Ackbar adding two red dice as long as you stick to firing from the left and right? This was such a great preview, there is so much to be excited about.

Just to end an old debate the ISD and Mon Cal Cruiser are Large ships, not medium.

Waiting to see the movement and cost of these bad boys. That ISD is going to clock in over a 100 points but how much more. 11 HP and those dice. Fully loaded it will be more than half your points at 400 with the Commander.

Squadron value of five!  Darth Vader!  An upgrade card that looks like it hurts bracing!  New defense token!  Tractor beam upgrade card!  And...

...black dice?  :huh:  Wait, I thought they were supposed to represent missile/torpedo weapons, which the Star Destroyer has none of (at least, that's what most sources say).

Hey, at least it is still awesome...and maybe the Imperial-II will swap them out for blue dice, or maybe even red ones (considering that the Imperial-II's armament was focused around turbolasers).

I'm really curious what the engineering value of the ISD is. The front arc is about what I expected. With concentrate fire it should be able to blow up just about any small-medium ship in one shot.

Also anyone surprised at how low the shields are on the ISD and Mon Cal? The base goes up to 6 so I sort of expected both to be in the 5-6 range, at least on the front.

And I continue to not be a fan of the rogues squadrons. Seriously, breaking one of the core mechanics of the game now? I'd rather not have the Falcon be a super ship in this game too. At least their firepower isn't more than an X-wing squadron.

Edited by DarkArk

I'm really curious what the engineering value of the ISD is.

Also anyone surprised at how low the shields are on the ISD and Mon Cal? The base goes up to 6 so I sort of expected both to be in the 5-6 range, at least on the front.

And I continue to not be a fan of the rogues squadrons. Seriously, breaking one of the core mechanics of the game now? I'd rather not have the Falcon be a super ship in this game too. At least their firepower isn't more than an X-wing squadron.

The engineering value can't be too high, as that would be a bit broken (Engineering command + Tarkin for Engineering tokens...).  And yeah, I was a bit surprised at the lack of shields, too.

I'm going to guess that rogue squadrons can't be ordered around by Squadron commands, as it would make sense and provide a form of balance.

Most of this looks amazing, but I do have two complaints.  1. How does the MC80 not have 6 shields on every arc? and 2. How is Thrawn not on the ISD?!?!

EDIT: Also, is that a Scurrg H-6?

Edited by Xandron

I'm really curious what the engineering value of the ISD is. The front arc is about what I expected. With concentrate fire it should be able to blow up just about any small-medium ship in one shot.

We obviously can't tell if the Empire mirrors this amount, but it also looks like only 3 of 8 the Rebels carry the rogue keyword with the YT-2400 being the sole rogue generic. I do agree with you though - I will be rolling my eyes at the Falcon if it ends up a "super ship" in Armada as well. The cost is obscured, but I would hope that it is a pretty expensive choice. The Outrider's rogue/bomber combination may end up being the biggest pain in the butt of the lot though, depending on what it's battery armament is.

I'm most intrigued by Jan Ors... the Counter 2 plus Intel combination has me super curious about what benefit the intel keyword is going to provide.

Well that's the stock YT-1300. The Falcon could have 4 anti-squad dice. I am with you though. It doesn't make sense that 1 ship could take on a whole squadron without much trouble. So far they look pretty powerful. 

4 Shields seems really light on the Mon Cal. That's only 1 more than a Victory. Fluff wise the Mon Cal had a ton of shields. I wonder if one of the upgrade cards increases shields. Of course they have 4 defense tokens and 4 engineering. A Mon Cal will be pretty hard to kill.

Admiral Motti is going to be insane on an ISD. That's 14 hull! 

I'm glad the MC30 is on a Medium base. Its nearly twice the length of a Nebulon B. I take it that 500 meters is the max for a small base. Also, my gosh its the glass cannon of Armada. 5 dice broadsides, but its only got 4 hull... 

General Rieekan makes CR-90 swarms a thing... 

Edited by Jo Jo

really like the nice Port and starboard weapon of the home one.

Sadly it seems the made sure to cover the speed part of the Ship cards, and the point value so we have no idea how they maneuver or cost

Glad they are doing the "rogue's" in wave 2.

But the COST.  That ISD is going to cost $50 to get  retail.

There are later Star Destroyer models that Thrawn could be on. Excited to see who the Captain is next to Vader. Needa? Piett maybe, but I'd of assumed Admiral Piett.

General Reiken is cool, keeps you fighting till the end. And those frigates are deadly! Making me rethink going all-out with bigger ships...

Cannot wait. I'm already way into this game, wave 2 is just icing on the cake for me.

Edit: Oh and with the Mon Cals not having the shields people wanted; I feel the upgrades/titles will make them more in-line with the fluff. They still needed to be balanced ships in the game. I see a card that looks like the art is shields around a ship and says 'redundant...' so I think that might be a shield tech upgrade.

Edited by InterceptorMad

Hmmmm........Imp Star has an evade defensive token......

Could be a modification that grants an evade token in exchange for another defense token.. Maybe some sort of jamming system? 

I'm super curious to see how the tractor beam works. 

Edited by Jo Jo

Holy crap that forward ISD arc!!! the lack of 5-6 sheilds is interesting and the home one isnt the match i wanted it to be for the ISD but its no slouch either.

No matter my feelings on the stats these are beautiful models and super excited for the new wave