Sign in to follow this  
timbolton

Angmar Awakened #3: Across the Ettenmoors

That leadership attachment is super neat! A new way to ramp resource!

The steed is awesome! Especially for one cost!! yay we finally get wellinghall custodian!!

Even the dwarf ally is pretty cool and we knew fair and perilous was coming which is epic.

This pack rules player card wise.

Thanks for providing the spoilers!  I like that dwarf ally.  Dwarf tactics needed a little boost and unfortunately Dori looks like he whiffed, so the ally is nice and thematic.  I like Ranger Supplies too.  It's similar to Tighten Our Belts.  I wonder which one will get played more.

Thanks Jekzer! Nice of you to do this!

Ranger supplies looks like to be the most fun card to play around with in multi player. I like it.

Still, I'm thinking I'm buying this pack mostly for Wellinghall Custodian....

Edited by Noccus

I like that dwarf ally.  Dwarf tactics needed a little boost and unfortunately Dori looks like he whiffed, so the ally is nice and thematic.

Yeah, the ally is a better defender than hero Dori, or at least a more cost-effective one...

Edited by PocketWraith

About that Leadership version of Ancient Mathom... I wish it could have been in another sphere that doesn't already have so many ways to get ressources, like Lore or Spirit.

I really don,t know about the player cards for this AP... I think I'll wait for the next one...

Although, a few cards work well with Rossiel...

Edited by Lecitadin

The discard from you hand is also preparing us for the Lore hero of the next AP which lets you grab a ton of cards each turn and discarding your entire hand at the end of turn.

Now that is intriguing for a player like me, pure solo, not too bad but not too good either, I just don,t know what kind of deck I would build to play with this hero (and if I put 50, 70, 100 or all my 2000 cards in the deck...).

I may sound heretic -more since Spirfindel with Asfaloth is my favourite combo- but the mount seems a bit better as an option. It places two progress tokens whatever Elf hero you have, while Asfaloth does that only with Glorinel, it places one progress with other elves and also works with the new discard from hand thing introduced. On the other hand having this on Glorfindel together with Asfaloth means four progress each turn, so no more locations :P

Regarding this discard mechanism, i guess using Imladriz Stargazer would be of good use cause player will be able to choose card draw so as to have cards to play and discard.

As compared to Asfaloth, the mount is 1 resource cheaper, not unique, and can be attached to any Elf.  You need the cards to fuel it, but with the new Noldor style this should be a strong card and lets us escape Glorfindel a bit.

I think you're missing the main point. Asfaloth can progress any location, effectively clearing the staging area before questing, while this horse can only progress active location, and costs you a card for it. It's decent, I just don't think I'll be using it without splasing lore.

Longbeard Sentinel

Tactics Ally - Cost 3

0 WP, 1 ATK, 2 DEF, 3 HP

Dwarf, Warrior

Action: Discard 2 cards from the top of your deck to give Longbeard Sentinel the "Sentinel" keyword and +1 DEF until the end of the phase. Limit once per phase

Whoa, once per *phase*? I'm having visions of cheating this into a Caldara deck...

I love how subtle the flavor is. Dwarves interact with the deck and discard in a way that feels like "digging". That's why they have several effects that discard off the deck. Noldor are more like scholars searching through lore so they discard from hand. That is why they cycle cards more than straight draw them. They end up feeling like they have great knowledge, but it is passing away...

That Steed doesn't seem to have a limit. If you need to get rid of it, 3 discarded cards will eat through e.g. The East Bight - so long as it's not immune.

edit: I really like the artwork on the dwarf ally.

Edited by Olorin93

The way Jekzer has translated it, it's an effect that can be triggered after a character is committed to a quest. If the correct original text reads "after a hero commits to a quest...", I'm open to your interpretation. There's a semantic difference between the action and its following state.

Yeah, the Steed has a Response.

He could be a versatile attachment, being non-unique. But the fact that it acts on Active Locations only, limits its play.

I am sure that we'll need to revisit this card once Noldor is well established, because the discarding will interact with a lot of other cards.