Sign in to follow this  
Stormtrooper721

VIDEO: Two attempts at the superb CUTTING THE CORD mission

The excellent CUTTING THE CORD scenario comes in the Imperial Aces expansion. In this mission, 110 points of Rebels must destroy a non-unique Imperial prototype ship that is slowly getting powered up from six Imperial research facilities based on different asteroid bases. The Imperials only have 100 points, but once the prototype ship starts getting powered up it starts getting crazy powerful! It's an awesome mission!

The Rebels can land on the asteroid bases and use saboteurs to look at hidden bases and get back on the ship or destroy the base or they can just shoot the bases, but the bases can be difficult to destroy and the Imperials will attack them if they are concentrating on destroying the research facilities.  

Here is our first attempt at it. Only one Rebel ship should have had the saboteurs, so we played this one a bit wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OigYi6Eay8

Here, the Rebels come back in force to try to smash the prototype:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9tqsRRjz1s

Anyhoo, CUTTING THE CORD is an excellent mission! Well done, FFG!

I played this scenario recently, with a slight variation since I played Scum instead of rebels. My opponent fielded two advanced and three regular Ties, with one of the advanced as his prototype. I fielded a Boba Fett Firespray, an Y-wing and two Z-95's. He managed to get the +3 HP and two attacks a turn upgrades before I destroyed his prototype with only one HP left on all my ships.