Sign in to follow this  
wjgo

Repair token, use at any time?

From what I understand, the Command tokens can be used at the "appropriate time" and there does not seem to be any exclusions that Command tokens must be used before the ship phase is completed.  Can a ship spend a repair command token, or unspent dial after resolving damage from an attack?  I am guessing it can, because a ship remains activated until the command phase and the dial is set face down again.  But....  I am sure there are opinions on this...  I can't edit the heading, but after reading rules again, my question would apply to the dial as well and I want to be absolutely clear on the matter, because the other three command icons are for use during the ship's activation.

Edited by wjgo

Yes, if used at the same time.  But I mean the single use of either a dial or a token in that round for the ship (as in only one use of the repair icon).  For instance, navigation dial and or token, and the squadron dial and/or token are used after making attacks.  I have not found a limitation for a repair command.

The timing for each of the Commands is the first line of each of their titles on pages 3and4 RRG. In the case of the Repair: "Resolve after revealing the ship's Command dial".  Its clear if you reviewed the reference I gave you.

To clarify: you spend command tokens in the same timing window you'd spend that given dial, regardless of whether the thing spent was a token or a dial, and regardless if the token and dial were spent as a combo.

Squadron dials and/or tokens may be spent immediately after the "Reveal Command Dial" step.

Repair dials and/or tokens may be spent immediately after the "Reveal Command Dial" step.

Concentrate Fire dials and/or tokens may be spent during the "Modify Dice" sub-sub-step of the "Resolve Attack Effects" sub-step of the "Attack" step.

Navigate dials and/or tokens may be spent during the "Determine Course" sub-step of the "Execute Maneuver" step.

A ship cannot execute a given command more than once per round. It may, however, spend a dial and a corresponding token as one command, receiving the effects of both. Also, it may execute each of its commands per turn as it wishes, abiding by the prior sentences. Meaning, for example, you could execute on a VSD: Repair token, Squadron token, Navigate dial, and Concentrate Fire token in one turn.

Edited by caelenvasius

Hi friends,

Let's take a closer look at Command Tokens and timing.

Navigate: This one could only be used while maneuvering to increase/decrease speed by 1 - hence it's timing is very specific.

Squadron: This one's an interesting one. It looks like, you execute this Token 'when you would normally' (my emphasis) use a Squadron Command Dial. Which would happen at the beginning of the command phase.

Repair: As mentioned by several posters, this would be executed at the same time as when the Repair Command Dial is revealed.

Concentrate Fire: This would be used during the 'Resolve Attack Effects' step of an attack.

Now it's interesting to note that, if you have different Command Tokens saved up (E.G. 3 for the Victory Star Destroyer), say one of each, you could effectively execute all of them in a single round. :D

Edit: Well and truly ninja'ed :ph34r: by caelenvasisu! :D :D :D

Re-edited: Corrected 3 Command Token capacity for the VSD.

Edited by Alpha Xg1

Nearly correct Alpha Xg1, except your example, you can only have as many tokens as your command stat, so a victory can store 3, not 4.

Whoops. I did put 4 there didn't I? I had meant 3. Haha.

Thank you my friend. :D

Alpha is kinda way off.

First off, you never *use* a command during the command *phase*. Ever. Command phase is only used to select a command on the dial used last turn and put it on the botton of the command stack. I actually did this error myself the first time I played. That being said, it's possible Alpha actually meant the reveal command step and not the command phase per se.

Caelenvasius actually has it right. Squadron and Repair commands and tokens are used *after* you reveal your chosen command dial during the *ship phase*. Concentrate Fire is used during Step 3 of the Attack Phase. Navigate is used during the movement step.

The reason why the word 'after' is used for the Squadron and Repair is because the step where you choose whether to keep the dial or turn it into a token is done *during* the reveal command dial step. In other words, if you have the Repair dial revealed and a Repair token already in stock, you can't spend your Repair token and then convert the dial into a token. Spending is after.

Wjgo, I'm not sure if this was answered, but you can't bank a *dial*, but you can bank a token for later if you convert the dial into a token during the reveal command dial step. If you don't spend the dial at all during that ship's ship phase, it is wasted. Tokens can be banked, but you can only ever have a max number of tokens equal to your command rating, and you can only ever have 1 of each type of command token banked.

Edited by infusco