Sign in to follow this  
Gibarian

Some Armada product ideas for the acrylic laserin', kickstartin' types

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but I would love (and insta-buy) a few different types of Armada-specific accessories to solve some minor problems I experience while playing.

Problem 1: Tokens in Armada are persistent turn-to-turn, unlike what many of use are used to in X-Wing. Furthermore, the tokens use less vibrant colours than the ones in X-Wing. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but I sometimes find my tokens blend into the board, and I miss noting them. Also, shifting 3-4 of them after a maneuver can be (very, very minorly) annoying.

Solution: Acrylic Token Caddies. Tarkin fleets will love these!

25ugl79.jpg

Or even a deluxe version (although this is probably crossing into IP infringement territory). Ignore the ghost token behind the Victory. He pooped.

sqnhaw.jpg

Problem 2: This game really wants you to store a lot of stuff on your ship cards. Speed dials, command stacks, and defensive tokens at the very least. Kinda-sorta damage cards, although really it just says "near" the ship for those. Maybe it will cease to be an issue once I've played enough games to remember each ship's stats, but at the moment I'd be interested in some sort of way to keep everything organized/tied to a ship without it covering up attributes.

Solution: Acrylic Ship Trays

2n7hamo.jpg

I can't be the only one who'd happily buy and play with fancy accessories like this, can I?

I have already begun to mock up little wooden ship trays to make in my father's woodshop.

Yeah, unless someone from AP, Greenman Designs, Cog o'Two, etc. pops in here with an announcement I'm probably just going to end up building these myself out of wood/plasticard/foamcore/whatever.

After seeing two Versions on the board, at the same height, I would really like a shortened flight stand for one, maybe 20mm shorter, so that they A. Can move in close formation without their flanks scraping, B. Help differentiate between them and C. It will add to the 3Dness of the game.

The same could be done for the others too, now that I am thinking about it.

I have already begun to mock up little wooden ship trays to make in my father's woodshop.

Yeah, unless someone from AP, Greenman Designs, Cog o'Two, etc. pops in here with an announcement I'm probably just going to end up building these myself out of wood/plasticard/foamcore/whatever.

My friends ran an acrylic token company called Genius Factory Games that made a bunch of stuff for Warhammer 40k. We'll make these, especially if people know exactly what they want in such a game aid.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but I would love (and insta-buy) a few different types of Armada-specific accessories to solve some minor problems I experience while playing.

Problem 1: Tokens in Armada are persistent turn-to-turn, unlike what many of use are used to in X-Wing. Furthermore, the tokens use less vibrant colours than the ones in X-Wing. Maybe I'm just not paying enough attention, but I sometimes find my tokens blend into the board, and I miss noting them. Also, shifting 3-4 of them after a maneuver can be (very, very minorly) annoying.

Solution: Acrylic Token Caddies. Tarkin fleets will love these!

Or even a deluxe version (although this is probably crossing into IP infringement territory). Ignore the ghost token behind the Victory. He pooped.

sqnhaw.jpg

I can't be the only one who'd happily buy and play with fancy accessories like this, can I?

I resurrect this AMAZING idea! 

Can someone make something like this with slots for Defense and Command tokens?

I will settle for these being milled as well.