Sign in to follow this  
kinnison

Not a foot long... LIES!

There is a known variance in the length of the rulers as mentioned in the SW: Armada Tournament rules p5.

"Minor variations in the printing process may cause slight disparities in the measurements of some range rulers."

Honestly the discrepancy is most likely do to when the cutting blade comes down. You can have a marked line as to where to cut but the blade width may not be accounted for. (Worked in a print shop years ago on a blade that would cut about a Phone book's worth of paper and I can say no matter how hard you try it will not be perfect.)

don't tell the wife that. she'd never forgive you!

It's not the size of the range ruler, it's how you use it :P
Well mine is 15" long, how does that make you feel? :P

Intimidated.... but also a little curious.

lawl..pics or it didn't happen!

10 hours ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Who knew that four years later we still would have such discrepancies between FFG-official range rulers...

Hahaha i know theres a pic floating around somewhere which shows a bunch of official rulers from tournies and such with up to like an inch difference between them

20 hours ago, duck_bird said:

Every set of rulers I've gotten at events has been off.  Think I've got 3 sets that I can't use without cheating lol.

FFG pls

The double side rulers and 2 part rulers (the one in the middle of the above picture) are mostly correct.

The 8 part rulers (3x range, 5x distance) from the last years are all a bit short (the left one on the picture).
There are only the two sets from Euro 2017 and i think NA Championship 2017 that are way longer than all other (the right ones). These were the first 8 parts sets.