Sign in to follow this  
The Thing In The Attic

wilson richards personal hell... err story

It's a nice pass effect, though, especially against some of the Ancient Ones (though if you're not getting many monster surges, I guess you don't see the terror rise too often either). Tricky to do in time without a lot of luck or a lot of teamwork, of course.

i'm playing wilson loads lately so that when he gets devoured i get to shout "WIILLLSSSSSOOOOONNNNN" tom hanks style

ok so thanks for your answer but how do you know that immediately in this instance means a one-off trigger and not an immediate trigger in all instances? are you going with gut feeling or is there official backup?

the thing that has got me hung up on this is the wording in the rule book. it states that "The effects listed on the second card [fail or pass card] then activate for the rest of the game."

for the rest of the game whenever i read the card it tells me to discard his clue tokens.... mmm 

The way it's worded it's pretty clear to me that it's meant to be a one time effect. Otherwise it'd have to say something like: "Wilson loses all his clue tokens and cannot gain any new ones"

The Thing In The Attic said:

the thing that has got me hung up on this is the wording in the rule book. it states that "The effects listed on the second card [fail or pass card] then activate for the rest of the game."

for the rest of the game whenever i read the card it tells me to discard his clue tokens.... mmm 

Okay, but try the flip side. If your interpretation were correct, than any investigator who gains one or more items as a result of passing or failing their personal story would break the game. For example, Ursula draws a bunch of unique items and picks two. Patrice gains five clues. Are we to understand that these investigators have infinite unique items and clues, respectively?

Heh.  Do we have an official ruling on what happens if you are instructed to draw a Unique Item, but all unique items are in play?  

If I was Kevin, my "official" response would be, "Don't you people have jobs? Quit bothering me!"

ahh i'm beginning to understand,

so the wording in the rules really means that the effects of having a fail card in play remain throughout the rest of the game but not  neccessarily the text on the card. meaning that the card stays on the table as a reminder that the character failed his story and prevents the pass card from being put into play [by accident]  

One question about Patrice- it says she passes the result when she draws 2 Unique items. So whats to stop her immediately going to the Curiositie Shop and drawing 3? It seems like the easiest thing to pass.

Thx.

SJE

SJE said:

One question about Patrice- it says she passes the result when she draws 2 Unique items. So whats to stop her immediately going to the Curiositie Shop and drawing 3? It seems like the easiest thing to pass.

Thx.

SJE

Check the latest entry in the "Official Answers from Kevin Wilson" thread (sticky threads at the top).