Sign in to follow this  
TheFlatline

The Ultimate Name Generator

If you're anything like me, you suck at coming up with character names. Well, I've dug around a bit, and I love this one particular generator. The one in the core book works well, but this thing is awesome, giving you a HUGE list of languages and cultures to pull names from, as well as the history and origin of the names (click on each name and see where it comes from). I really feel this is a *must* for any GM.

www.behindthename.com/random/

Enjoy!

Face Eater said:

Thanks guys thats great. I'd already resorted to looking up Roman names on the Internet and even that was starting to make all my NPC's sound the same.

I use roman names for an Imperial feel. The hinterlands I use germanic names (Calixis using a mix), and for even farther beyond the Emperor's Guiding Light I use other, more exotic combinations of names.

It actually is helping create a xenophoby among my players. They're really used to roman-esque names, and the occasional germanic name mixed in, that when they get something say from India or Iran or Nordic everyone instantly suspects the person. Which is exactly the goal I had in mind.