Sign in to follow this  
Deathseed

The Clone Wars

OK. I think everyone would be walking around with giant Thrawn boners if Thrawn was made cannon.

FFG released a Thrawn expansion pack for the Star Wars card game back in late last year.

I found an article talking about it.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyflightgames.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F2014%2F11%2F11%2Fchain-of-command%2F&ei=C4kcVbuYLoy68gWH-ICQBQ&usg=AFQjCNEpCXXSCnemG0rNL00HUvZz5Ox0fw&bvm=bv.89744112,d.dGc

Here's also the Admiral Thrawn card from the Expansion

grand-admiral-thrawn.png

Is this counted as canon?

Honestly, I don't know. I read somewhere that Death Troopers are in the Star Wars freemium mobile game, so I don't know if the story group has a good hold over what the games are "making" cannon.

OK. I think everyone would be walking around with giant Thrawn boners if Thrawn was made cannon.

FFG released a Thrawn expansion pack for the Star Wars card game back in late last year.

I found an article talking about it.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fantasyflightgames.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2F2014%2F11%2F11%2Fchain-of-command%2F&ei=C4kcVbuYLoy68gWH-ICQBQ&usg=AFQjCNEpCXXSCnemG0rNL00HUvZz5Ox0fw&bvm=bv.89744112,d.dGc

Here's also the Admiral Thrawn card from the Expansion

grand-admiral-thrawn.png

Is this counted as canon?

Nope. Thrawn is legends. He is not currently in any movie, comic or book that  is a canon source 

Honestly, I don't know. I read somewhere that Death Troopers are in the Star Wars freemium mobile game, so I don't know if the story group has a good hold over what the games are "making" cannon.

Nothing about the games makes anything canon. 

Nothing about the games makes anything canon. 

I'm pretty sure the new games, especially those made by Disney are canon actually.

Just my 2 cents, I absolutely love the prequels; even more than I love the OT. I guess I've never understood why people hate the prequels so much...

Honestly, I think it boils down to like 3 things:

1 - The Phantom Menance was an enormous let down. The premise was ok, but it went way too childish. In the first 5 minutes of ANH, you have Darth Vader torturing and then murdering someone on screen. Shorty thereafter, you see smoking corpses. In the Phantom Menace, you have a reasonable start with the Jedi ambush and then you get face punched by Jar Jar. Add in the silly / racist accents, the weird child molesting Queen, and other slapstick stuff and you set the tone for the whole trilogy.

2 - Attack of The Clones was ok, but there were some really big logical mistakes (clone army too small for galactic war, why would anyone trust a surprise army,ect). The love story was atrocious. But overall it was a great improvement over TPM. At least there were no new characters with accents (I really love Poggle, that is what an alien should sound like)

3 - ROTS was the best of all three. The pacing was amaZing an felt like Star Wars. The only rough patches was once again the acting, particularly whenever characters had to express strong feelings.

So in summary, it took GL three attempts to make a good Star Wars movie. I liked what he was trying to say / show from a political standpoint, it is just that he was so clumsy trying to show it. (Essentially, show were the USA is headed where corporations make the law, system is easily manipulated, power once given is not returned, ect).

My understanding is ALL games / new content must be approved by the Lucas story group. This is particularly true to video games. I wouldn't trust anything as cannon beyond movies, tv, books and video games though.

Just my 2 cents, I absolutely love the prequels; even more than I love the OT. I guess I've never understood why people hate the prequels so much...

Honestly, I think it boils down to like 3 things:

1 - The Phantom Menance was an enormous let down. The premise was ok, but it went way too childish. In the first 5 minutes of ANH, you have Darth Vader torturing and then murdering someone on screen. Shorty thereafter, you see smoking corpses. In the Phantom Menace, you have a reasonable start with the Jedi ambush and then you get face punched by Jar Jar. Add in the silly / racist accents, the weird child molesting Queen, and other slapstick stuff and you set the tone for the whole trilogy.

2 - Attack of The Clones was ok, but there were some really big logical mistakes (clone army too small for galactic war, why would anyone trust a surprise army,ect). The love story was atrocious. But overall it was a great improvement over TPM. At least there were no new characters with accents (I really love Poggle, that is what an alien should sound like)

3 - ROTS was the best of all three. The pacing was amaZing an felt like Star Wars. The only rough patches was once again the acting, particularly whenever characters had to express strong feelings.

So in summary, it took GL three attempts to make a good Star Wars movie. I liked what he was trying to say / show from a political standpoint, it is just that he was so clumsy trying to show it. (Essentially, show were the USA is headed where corporations make the law, system is easily manipulated, power once given is not returned, ect).

My understanding is ALL games / new content must be approved by the Lucas story group. This is particularly true to video games. I wouldn't trust anything as cannon beyond movies, tv, books and video games though.

For Episode 2, the secret clone army and trusting it part is actually a hidden gem. The Jedi find themselves with an army that they supposedly ordered, and had it billed to the Republic. The Republic is on the brink of War with a military that would outright win. The Republic has no choice but to take the army, and the people would be VERY suspicious about the Jedi ordering a secret army. It's pretty brilliant when you look at it.

And as for the love scenes dialog, just go to facebook or twitter to see how people actually talk. Yes, it's that bad. The Prequel hate is literally a bandwagon at this point. Yes it has flaws, so does the OT (Giant Space worm is my biggest pet peeve). The fact people are still mad over it really shows how immature we are. The fact people rabidly hate it and don't seem to have much rhyme or reason really makes me wonder it it's just a bunch of REALLY dedicated trolls.

prequels? in my armada?

untitle.JPG

Why not? Sure the prequels had tons of flaws to put it mildly but the ship designs, and even the factions weren't among them though I do wish there had been a larger variety in sizes of warships seen on screen. In the actual PT the smallest capital ship we see in combat is a heavy cruiser though TCW added a couple of corvette size warships, or corvette and small frigate size warships to the Republic fleet along with a cargo/medical frigate model which we'll be seeing a combat variant or combat modification of in Rebels

I thought The Clone Wars started good but once season three get started IMO there were far to many episodes and arcs focused on Jedi matters, Force matters, and other matters which had little or nothing to do with the war besides the period the events took place in. I know seasons one and two had some sidestory episodes and arcs but not nearly as many as in three, four, and five

Plus I hated them bringing Maul back, and I felt that the Mandalorian plot which clashed with everything established about the role of the Mandalorians in the war going back to the OT novelizations could have easily not involved Mandalore and lost nothing by changing locations.

Also I really hated how the

fall of Barris Offee

was handled. Admittedly I doubt I would have ever been happy about it but if they absolutely had to go down that road the least they could do was provide a decent explanation for what caused it IMO. Instead they provided no explanation whatsoever.

And finally for a series named Star Wars there was a notable shortage of major space battle sequences once season three got going.