Sign in to follow this  
Crimson Death

Gunslinger and dual wield autofire?

Offhand it doesn't seem to really... do anything new. I mean you can use Guns Blazing to keep the difficulty down, but even then rolling sufficient Advantage to benefit from both 2 guns and auto-fire is gonna be a trick.... On the other hand if you get lucky you'll be able to hit multiple opponents in a single check so there's that.... Still not sure how that's better then just double tapping with a single auto fire though....

It's not worth it. You're losing out compared to normal 1-gun autofire, actually, with the cost to hit with the 2nd gun at a baseline. 

Basically the Gunslinger rules are there so that people without Auto-Fire can compare somewhat to people with Auto-Fire. Not to stack them.

Edited by Kshatriya

I'd considered a character like this for a 1-shot (because Rule of Cool), but intended to Mechanically run firing only one gun per round, even if narratively run as blasting away with double-auto-fire.  

Edited by Quicksilver

I'd considered a character like this for a 1-shot (because Rule of Cool), but intended to Mechanically run firing only one gun per round, even if narratively run as blasting away with double-auto-fire.  

Yea that's how I envisioned it. I really didn't even care if I hit anything. I was doing it more for the cool factor.

paired attachment may help the math.. not sure it does reduces advantage cost to have second weapon fire. I think some gunslinger talents allow you to hit different targets with the 2 guns. And if you get the adv you could possibly have autofire go off on 2 targets.

Edited by Daeglan

Well, combining Guns Blazing with Rain of Death, plus Spitefire, Paired weapon attachment, Superior Customisation, and perhaps the Bantha Eye(? if that's what it's called)... then you have Jury-rigged your auto-fire pistol to decrease the auto-fire cost ... well... eh. For 2 strain and a manoeuvre you roll default difficulty, gain 1 auto-advantage from Superior, and perhaps one from Bantha Eye, activating the second weapon requires only 1 advantage and auto-fire also requires just 1 to activate, with Spitefire you can don't have to pick the hardest target to hit when making your combat check ... so then it makes sense, of course to get to Rain of Death you'll have to go through most of the Heavy spec and that might seem a waste for a Gunslinger... but for a badass Nemesis? Sure! :D

Edited by Jegergryte

For the sheer craziness I might consider the following, against RAW:

First of all, you have to increase the difficulty twice (2-weapon and Autofire). But then, after you've triggered the second weapon, let the Autofire count for both weapons.

But please don't tell my players!

Edited by Grimmerling

Well, combining Guns Blazing with Rain of Death, plus Spitefire, Paired weapon attachment, Superior Customisation, and perhaps the Bantha Eye(? if that's what it's called)... then you have Jury-rigged your auto-fire pistol to decrease the auto-fire cost ... well... eh. For 2 strain and a manoeuvre you roll default difficulty, gain 1 auto-advantage from Superior, and perhaps one from Bantha Eye, activating the second weapon requires only 1 advantage and auto-fire also requires just 1 to activate, with Spitefire you can don't have to pick the hardest target to hit when making your combat check ... so then it makes sense, of course to get to Rain of Death you'll have to go through most of the Heavy spec and that might seem a waste for a Gunslinger... but for a badass Nemesis? Sure! :D

Wow... I'm impressed...

Also, that guy is gonna show up in one of my campaigns....

I may be confused, but I'm still not sure why you would go through all this just to have a second weapon.

Edit....Nevermind, missed the Rain of Death in there.

Edited by Domingo

I can understand wanting to Gunsling Autofire, but I'd probably toss that one in my offhand.  I'm 99% certain that rules state that you can burn sufficient Advantages to activate ANY effects from either weapon.  I'd basically just try to squeeze as many Advantages out of my (presumably semi-automatic) primary weapon as I could for my attack roll, then spend those on Autofire hits.

Hitting with the primary weapon, then the second, AND activating autofire on the secondary sounds great to me.

Edited by CrunchyDemon

I can understand wanting to Gunsling Autofire, but I'd probably toss that one in my offhand.  I'm 99% certain that rules state that you can burn sufficient Advantages to activate ANY effects from either weapon.  I'd basically just try to squeeze as many Advantages out of my (presumably semi-automatic) primary weapon as I could for my attack roll, then spend those on Autofire hits.

Hitting with the primary weapon, then the second, AND activating autofire on the secondary sounds great to me.

Yes advantages can be used on either weapon after triggering the second weapon; however, in order to do this you need to have all the talents that Jegergryte laid out above.  If you use a standard weapon in one hand and an auto-fire weapon in the other, you would always use the higher difficulty of the Auto-fire weapon. 

CRB: "He then compares the difficulty of the two combat checks he would make with each of his two weapons to hit his target, and selects the check with the higher difficulty..."

Rain of Death and Guns Blazing are the only ways to circumvent the increased difficulties for auto-fire and two weapon combat (respectively), and therefore a pointless combo since you could just shoot the auto-fire weapon in the first place.