Sign in to follow this  
korneelt

Future expansions for Talisman ?

I certainly hope there are more.  As others have said in threads on the subject, I'm hoping for smallbox expansions which add cards to one or more of the existing expansions, or more PoD expansions like Deep Realms that build on existing expansions.

As interesting as alternative corners would be, I don't think FFG would bother. My guess is they'll perhaps release another smallbox expansion or two and then leave it to the likes of Jon to produce some great PoD's

Whatever is realised one thing is fir sure...i'm buying it!!!

Interesting that you bring up a go-between with the Highlands and Woodlands. Would be easy to POD with an easy profit for FFG, rabid fans would pick it up right away, and for those bitten by the Talisman bug as the build their collection it would help push them to buy both big box expansions to connect it. 

Would also add yet another awesome place to explore, while keeping down on the board clutter...although if you have all the expansions in play you are pretty much past that...

IMG_0783.JPG

Borrowing from past ideas, I'd like Talsiman to go vertical again...

...how about a 3-D card expansion that fits together or is stack-able, perhaps a Wizard's tower? 

Haha, great idea!

Give me a 3 level Crown of Command :D

I've said it in previous threads but I'm hoping the next big box is going to be a stand alone Island or ocean expansion. 

You'd get there through boats that "has started to traffic the Storm River" (on a roll of x), one or several terrain cards that would always be placed on one of the XXX at the start of a game, an island could have a Runes space (increasing connectivity), the Wharf  (treat part or all of the island as the same region as the outer/middle region).. 

I'm very sad that nobody here mentioned the Timescape :(

You just did :D

Mentioning Timescape in all these threads is your privilege, Nemo. Nobody is going to deprive you of that. :D 

Edited by The_Warlock

Well some of the previous editions' expansions changed with the 4th edition, so I'm thinking if Timescape 'happens', it will be a change from the 2nd edition one. We have discussed a number of ways this could happen, but not everyone finds the concept to be a good cup of tea.

FFG's style or format seems to alternate between large/small expansions. Dragon expansion threw a slight curve there, but we still had the alternating size-sets. 

If I was a betting person, I'd say that it is likely that some sort of large or small set will come out *before* the next Realm POD (but I'd take whatever comes our way - - - and isn't almost time to hear news of a new expansion???).

Am pretty new to Talisman, but have been getting the expansions (love the Woodland and Firelands, so looking forward to Harbinger).  Like Nioreh, I'd love to see an Ocean/Sea themed expansion, preferably in a big box. I want pirates, mermaids and so on!

Also love the idea of an East Asian-themed small expansion (saw this mentioned on another thread). Ninjas, Tengu, Samurai, etc would be brilliant.  Think this theme would fit well with the Talisman world.

An Aboriginal/Dreaming expansion might also be interesting if less obvious a fit.

Aboriginal/Dreaming sounds interesting and could certainly make a POD 'realm' expansion, like Nether Realm.

I wonder if anyone else has thought that the Digital version will not be hampered by table/space/considerations.

This is where the ocean themed expansion will appear.

Totally thinking off the top of my head here, but if a 3-D card expansion was made that was free-standing, it could work like an NPC. Like a Flying Castle or Vanishing Fortress.

Imagine a mini region wandering round the board, perhaps even hoovering up left behind enemies and objects. Lots of scope there!

Edited by Dungeon Crawler Jack

Floating islands in the sky exist in various sci/fi and fantasy stories; usually with a race of undiscovered enhanced humans or some sort.  

I vote for a floating island with winged warriors!  I like the idea of it being sort of a NPC, moving around on the board and causing havoc!

If it was roamy, with a new group living on it, the roamy thing might work out Lore wise if the area was pretty benign, just the things living on it would be the danger.

I'm thinking a Gigantic Floating Turtle, that's big enough to have a village, a tower, all sorts of settlements and features on the back of its enormous shell. There's even scope to have the Turtle fly off the board altogether occasionally, leaving any character exploring it stranded without a teleport ability!

If it was roamy, with a new group living on it, the roamy thing might work out Lore wise if the area was pretty benign, just the things living on it would be the danger.

I'm thinking a Gigantic Floating Turtle, that's big enough to have a village, a tower, all sorts of settlements and features on the back of its enormous shell. There's even scope to have the Turtle fly off the board altogether occasionally, leaving any character exploring it stranded without a teleport ability!

With the Giant Floating Turtle, I think we've entered the world of Talisman licensing...i.e. Fantasy Flight Games Presents  a new Talisman set in Terry Pratchett's Discworld.  It would be interesting to see the giant turtle with the 4 elephants somehow.  

We'd have the "Death" expansion instead of the Grim Reaper.  Morkpork for the City Expansion.

Characters could be Rincewind (Wizard), Cohen the Barbarian (Barbarian), Granny Weatherwax (Witch), Sam Vines (City Watch).

Tons of stuff for characters and expansions..

Here's what i'd like to see as a future expansion for Talisman...

I've always felt that the inner region is way too easy to deal with. I especially dislike the pits space. Strength 4 enemies at this part of the game is too softcore imho. What about an expansion that replaces the inner region? It's been done with Dragons of course but let's say this one doesn't any use of tokens or Draconic lord-ish enemies to be played. Something that makes the inner region a really bad-ass region. The new board could even have 2 sides for hardcore and ultra-hardcore level of play. That's the basic idea...

Something else that came to mind when replacing the inner region is a story behind it. An apocalyptic event destroys the inner region as we know it and forces its deadly inhabitants to emerge out to the middle and outer regions. A new region is now formed with even deadlier occupants and challenges for those brave adventures who dare dwell within.

I haven't had any thoughts exactly as to what new spaces the inner region would have but out of the destructive event we could have the following characters emerge:

The Vampire Lord

The Crypt Master

The Mine Dweller

The Pit Demon

Obviously there's no need for the Reaper and Werewolf as they already exist in the game otherwise. So these new characters emerge from their destroyed land and seek their vengeance. The expansion could also feature a number of adventure cards (100 maybe?) that are shuffled with the rest of the deck consisting of various enemies who also emerged from the destroyed inner region as well as powerful artifacts that would help adventurers in their quest.

Thoughts? Comments?

Just like Spectrum said,4 new lairs to explore with epic bosses at the end.2 inner boards,one lair each side.Or any small expansion is a welcome.The reaper,blood moon,harbinger are my favorites.

I would like Timescape to be a game of it's own though, based on Talisman mechanic of course.

Just like Spectrum said,4 new lairs to explore with epic bosses at the end.2 inner boards,one lair each side.Or any small expansion is a welcome.The reaper,blood moon,harbinger are my favorites.

I would like Timescape to be a game of it's own though, based on Talisman mechanic of course.

So, Relic? :)