Sign in to follow this  
SteelCalavera

Clarification on Mission Order Needed

So I have read over the rules a few times and while I have a general understanding for our first game this week I am needed some further understanding of how to link all the missions together.

When Aftermath is completed and it tells you to the next story mission card but on the Campaign Log chart a side mission should be played next. Who chooses which side mission is next? Is this a card drawn and that mission is played prior to 'Under Siege'?

I noticed some missions in the book don't have what the next follow up should be. Do you randomly draw one or does empire or rebels choose depending who won the last?

Edited by SteelCalavera

When you have concluded Aftermath you will get the Rebel player to choose 2 side missions, Aftermath will tell you to put a new story mission into play.

Once the Rebel players have chosen the 2 side missions they then pick 1 of the following, this mission is played directly after Aftermath

ok I think that clears things up a little for me. But just to make sure.

If the next mission in the list reads side mission, the rebels draw one of their random missions cards which is a combination of corresponding hero cards, green cards of their choice and four random ones?

If it is a story mission card do I randomly choose a story mission to go next or do I follow then whatever the book told me? So in this case it would be Aftermath, a random side mission followed directly by Under Siege?

If a story mission does not indicate what is next to play after do I randomly choose the next mission?

Story missions will *ALWAYS* tell you which story mission to play next, with the notable exception of the final 2 missions, which merely tell you who wins the campaign.

When a side mission is to be played, the rebels *choose* which side mission they will play based on what the active missions are. Generally speaking, there will always be two different rebel side missions that are "active", and when you play one, you draw a new one to replace it. In addition, the Imperial player has some agendas that she/he can buy to add an Imperial Side Mission into the mix.

Great, thanks that helps. I think trying to digest so many rules started to really confuse the matter.

So Aftermath, then Rebels choose a side mission unless an Imperial Side mission is bought and when the list indicates story mission again it moves into under siege. Then follow the list again