Sign in to follow this  
tiefanatic

Two StarVipers or One and Two z-95s

So i have a list that includes boba fett (Scum and Villainy version) along with guri and a black sun enforcer. But would it be better to drop the enforcer and go with two Binayre Pirate Z-95s instead? (Z-95s would leave me at 99 points enforcer would be 100)

There's not a lot of people who can really say what's "better," not least of which because there are an awful lot of variables involved in this sort of game.  What else, exactly, is in your list (you've got a few points for upgrades, what are they?)?  What do you want the Enforcer to do?  The Pirates?  Will they perform the same role (or try to) in your list?  Who are you flying against?  What do you normally fly?  How many ships are you used to keeping track of?

Etc, etc, etc.

There's not a lot of people who can really say what's "better," not least of which because there are an awful lot of variables involved in this sort of game.  What else, exactly, is in your list (you've got a few points for upgrades, what are they?)?  What do you want the Enforcer to do?  The Pirates?  Will they perform the same role (or try to) in your list?  Who are you flying against?  What do you normally fly?  How many ships are you used to keeping track of?

Etc, etc, etc.

Dual Starviper list: http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!116:-1,-1,-1,38,-1,-1:-1:-1:;101:57,-1:-1:-1:;103:-1:-1:-1:Z-95 list:    ://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!116:-1,-1,-1,38,-1,-1:-1:-1:;101:57,-1:-1:-1:;115:-1,-1:-1:-1:;115:-1,-1:-1:-1: 

Edited by tiefanatic

I'd prefer the two pirates because I get very very ansy about squads with asymmetrical pilot skills :P

plus, they're good blockers which can help out big Boba and little Guri out a lot. Guri loves a hairball, and having some chaffe to help set it up (and give her an overwhelming action advantage against some poor fool) is quite a solid ability to gave ^_^

what upgrades do you have on Boba/Guri? If they're naked, double head hunters only gives you two points. In that case, I'd advise against Guri entirely (she becomes several times more effective with predator and auto-thrusters) and just run Boba w/ two Blacksun Enforcers + thrusters. This'll give you 7 points to plop on Boba

For example:

Boba (PTL + Engine)

Blacksun Enforcer (auto - thrusters) [27] X 2

I'd prefer the two pirates because I get very very ansy about squads with asymmetrical pilot skills :P

plus, they're good blockers which can help out big Boba and little Guri out a lot. Guri loves a hairball, and having some chaffe to help set it up (and give her an overwhelming action advantage against some poor fool) is quite a solid ability to gave ^_^

what upgrades do you have on Boba/Guri? If they're naked, double head hunters only gives you two points. In that case, I'd advise against Guri entirely (she becomes several times more effective with predator and auto-thrusters) and just run Boba w/ two Blacksun Enforcers + thrusters. This'll give you 7 points to plop on Boba

For example:

Boba (PTL + Engine)

click on the link that i posted. Boba has recspec and guri has predator

For example:

Boba (PTL + Engine)

click on the link that i posted. Boba has recspec and guri has predator

it's not loading for me

either way, imo those aren't really enough. Guri loves thrusters and Boba's ability isn't really worth it with just Rec spec in my experience.

I prefer generic Starvipers in pairs as well. ATs are almost mandatory regardless.

In the original drafting of this list i had Boba with VI, Outlaw Tech, and inertial dampeners along with two base starvipers with HU. Might go back to that actualy

Aside: YASB has a handy pre-formatted BBCode entry for easy pasting into forums.  Click on 'Print/View as Text' and then hit the BBCode button at the bottom of the flydown.

Edited by WickedGrey

Aside: YASB has a handy pre-formatted BBCode entry for easy pasting into forums.  Click on 'Print/View as Text' and then hit the BBCode button at the bottom of the flydown.

I have no idea what any of that not a tech guy

Here's Tiefanatic's list:

Boba Fett (Scum) (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Flechette Cannon (2)
Outlaw Tech (2)

Black Sun Enforcer (25)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Black Sun Enforcer (25)
Hull Upgrade (3)

Total: 100