Sign in to follow this  
Longtown

Battlelore Heroes on german Website Heidelberger Spieleverlag

and for thoose who want a quick Babel Fish ranslation...

BattleLore - heroes
Every beginning is heavy. As a young, hopeful adventurer you begin your journey with only few abilities and artifacts. Already after the first successfully existed scenarios the earned fame and wages sign. But also expect malice of the dangerful hero life you. Too many wounds give faster a premature „retirement to you “, than you think…

Overview
Number of players 2 - 4
Spieldauer 60 min.
Older starting from 13 years
Author Richard borrow
Publishing house FFG, Heidelberger play publishing house
German English
Art. No. HE188 FF455
EAN 4015566010796 9781589946491
Receiver selling price 39,95 € 39,95 €
Publication October 2009 October 2009

BattleLore - hero brings heroes in the play, who possesses special abilities and artifacts. The heroes gain experiences and new powerful artifacts over several scenarios away and can finally even to the advisor in the war council ascend.

Contents:

- 10 unique hero figures, of it:
- 5 unberittene heroes in 5 classes
- 5 mounted heroes in 5 classes
- 5 hero flags (1 for each hero class)
- A rule booklet with 7 new scenarios
- 2 area panels
- 5 advisor panels
- 12 treasure panels
- 12 experience panels
- 2 Alchemistenplättchen
- 10 chest panels
- 110 maps, of it:
- 40 ability maps
- 65 artifact maps
- 1 general map
- 4 area maps

Here the fun continues to go…

best pic of the bunch

http://hds-fantasy.de/uploads/tx_boardgames/BL_Heroes_Gallery1.jpg

new terrain and model pics.

40 skill cards means there has to be more skills than the six per hero mentioned earlier, perhaps some skills that are not restricted to a hero class?

Interesting. I'll be curious to know what those 'maps,' 'panels,' and 'chests' translate as. But it does sound like there will be plenty of stuff in the box which is reassuring.

Translating manually, I'm sure that the "maps" should be translated as cards (Karten in German).

So, we'll get:

40  skill cards

65 artifact/item cards

1 overview card 

4 terrain cards.

I'm actually wondering what this overview card would be, since there is only one of those, while I would expect one for each player, if it were a summary card about heroes, which was my first guess.

As to the panels ("Plätchen" in German), I think these are just tokens and tiles:

2 terrain tiles. Together with 4 terrain cards (2 for each player?) this seems to indicate we get some new terrain, or perhaps terrain part of another expansion.

5 council/advisor tokens. Heroes are separate council members?

12 treasure tokens. Not sure what this could be. Possibly to mark the location of treasure in scenario's?

12 experience tokens.

2 alchemist tokens. Now this is interesting. I haven't heard about alchemists yet...

10 chest tokens. Not sure what to make of this, or how they would be used.

All in all, my interest in the expansion is increasing more and more with each new bit of info =)

To me it rather seems like there will be four new terrain types. If you take a close look at the back of the box you will see three different looking hexes. My guess is that each terrain hex is different on each side. So maybe the four cards are 2 per player (and then again each side different to have four terrain types on two cards) or there are just four different cards (which is less useful I think).
The upside would be four new terrain types, the downside that you can only use two of them at the same time and two combinations not at all (as they are on the same hex). Just my thought.

Having looked again at the back of the box, I agree.

I even spot a fourth hex on the "inhalt" box (and two on the terrain summaries), behind the cards. One of the terrain types/landmarks seems to be a Commander's tent (Kommandozelt), the other a witch's hut (I think, I can't really read the first capital letter, but it seems to spell Hexenhaus). Then we have another (black) tent and a ruined building or crypt. 

The lack of duplicates is a bit of a downside, although I'm not a mission-designer, so it's less of a problem for me =)

Regardless of exactly what, it does appear a great deal of work was put into it just as Richard said, so... awesome!

I will (try really hard) not to doubt again.

The artifacts, etc make me think that someday there could be a sort of the "Decent Road to Legend mapboard" for strategic moves (or quests) for your heroes, before they ever make the battlefield.

Z

Silvermoon said:

Translating manually ...

Very cool. Thank you, efidm. This just makes me want more official details on the supplement, but it does help reassure me that the $40 I am going to spend no matter what will be well worth it.

Just for my own amusement, I've made a complete translation of the German text, excluding the overview box (game time, designer, etc). I've put some question marks where I wasn't entirely sure of the translation. One is the existing in the fluff, which seems a bit out of place, but I can't think of any other translation. The other is the overview card, which could be translated as map, instead. This might indicated (wishful thinking) an overview map for campaign play.

Battlelore - Heroes

All beginnings are difficult. As a young, hopeful adventurer, your journey begins with only a few skills and artifacts. Right after the first successful existing (?) scenarios, the earned fame and fortune calls.
Yet the malice of a dangerous hero's life awaits as well. Too many wounds will give you a sooner "retirement" than you would think...

Battlelore - Heroes brings heroes to the game, whom have special skills and artifacts. The heroes obtain, over the course of multiple scenarios, experience and new, mighty artifacts, and could finally ascend as councillors in the war council.

Contents:
- 10 unique hero figures, of which:
   - 5 unmounted heroes of 5 classes.
   - 5 mounted heroes of 5 classes.
- 5 hero flags (1 for each class)
- a rule book with 7 new scenarios
- 2 terrain tiles
- 5 councillor tokens
- 12 treasure tokens
- 12 experience tokens
- 2 alchemist tokens/tiles
- 10 chest tokens/tiles
- 110 cards, of which:
  - 40 skill cards
  - 65 artifact cards
  - 1 overview card (or map?)
  - 4 terrain cards

Polarstern said:

To me it rather seems like there will be four new terrain types. If you take a close look at the back of the box you will see three different looking hexes. My guess is that each terrain hex is different on each side. So maybe the four cards are 2 per player (and then again each side different to have four terrain types on two cards) or there are just four different cards (which is less useful I think).
The upside would be four new terrain types, the downside that you can only use two of them at the same time and two combinations not at all (as they are on the same hex). Just my thought.

I think the terrain hexes will be bound to the hero you choose and only 2 hexes would indeed be a problem if they are different types of terrain. Looking at the back of the german box, it looks like that there are 2 (different looking) tents for the commander hero and 1 other terrain. My guess would be that each terrain hex has 1 tent and 2 of the other terrain on it which would be 1 terrain hex as the starting point for the hero for each player.

There is also the "Bestienschlächter" (Beastslayer) an upgrad for a weapon where you battle with +2 dice against a creature and the target only rolls with 1 dice for critical strikes.