Sign in to follow this  
WayToTheDawn

Mr. Dawn's Aggro (Pre-Set 4)

sungtrs said:

I'm just going to say this....my Riku deck got beat(but it was a close game kinda) by my Ansem deck...and it's similar to your deck structure(Monstor,Pinnichio, Simba lv3, SE, etc...) and it also had set4 stuff like Kingdom keys, Jacks, Yuffies, Diz(now I am going to take this out since after play-testing, I do not think Diz and some other cards in my deck is compatible on my Riku deck build...it screws it up a lot, since I don't know how to use Diz...hopefully there's a good strategy with Diz? O_O;;). Mainly my dark deck won because of those meddling dark burners...you can make a burn deck out of it, and a pretty good one lol(possible to take out 9 HP in one turn or more if your opponents have Captain Pete which also was another factor why my Riku HP fell down pretty quick). Plus it's really ez bridging now with EoW BoD, Bit Snipers BoD, MalDrag lv9's so you would rarely have problems on bridging unless your opponent can like always kill off all of your dark cards on the field every turn. So I would say Dark decks got really good(compared to before) and competitive.

I'll believe a Dark Deck is competative when it beats a Valor Sora deck....Riku is out of the game for now, and I'll even go so far as to admit that it can beat Set 3 Rikus decks (for the reasons you've presented there, although I'm still skeptical)...but only because of the bumps it got in Set 4....but I think it's safe to say that Valor Sora is THE deck to beat right now and there's no way in hell Ansem could beat Valor Sora cause of Kingdom Key...not to mention everything else.  So no, I'd have to very strongly disagree that dark decks are A) "Really Good" and B) Competative.

WayToTheDawn said:

I'll believe a Dark Deck is competative when it beats a Valor Sora deck.

I am goin to specifically work on this myself.  The 101s in makin a Dark deck that whoops up on Valor Form.

It will be tough, but I am up to the challenge.

Why wouldn't you play Dark Riku for Dark Decks? Equipment and Agression seem like the only way you are beating Valor Form Sora and Dark Riku is almost on par with Valor Form for ATK points.

Honestly it's because my friend uses Dark Riku, and he doesn't really want me to use Dark Riku(we all hand-picked our player cards to represent ourselves for what we r known as in our group...I guess like Ash and Pikachu type a deal, a signature card persay? lol)...it's the same with Valor form for Sora and that's why I also don't use Valor, but I called dibs on Final Form(can't wait till that comes out >:D) so they wouldn't use that since I agreed I'm not using Valor, Wisdom, Roxas, etc...I would definitely use Dark Riku since he would be the recommended choice of course, but because of this I just choose to play with Ansem lol. I do agree though there is no chance of me winning with Ansem XD but it's fun to try eh? But won't there be more Dark Player cards for future sets? Or is it just Ansem and Dark Riku? O_O

WayToTheDawn said:

Let me be clear though.

I'll believe a Dark Deck is competative when it beats a Valor Sora Deck Consistantly

QFT.  But in addition, not only do they have to beat Valor Sora, but they also have to beat all of the other deck types as well.  There's no point if it strongly counters Valor Sora but then loses to a Nobody Deck.

Sluppie said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Let me be clear though.

I'll believe a Dark Deck is competative when it beats a Valor Sora Deck Consistantly

QFT.  But in addition, not only do they have to beat Valor Sora, but they also have to beat all of the other deck types as well.  There's no point if it strongly counters Valor Sora but then loses to a Nobody Deck.

That's why I consider it a challenge.  I'm more than certain I can come up with somethin, or try my hardest to figure somethin out.  I'm confident it can be done.

Choitz - I wish you luck with it sir.

If anyone can figure it out, I'm sure it's you. ^_^

Fairbanks - I sort of agree, Dark did get a decent bump this set so it lessened the detriments a lot compared to how it used to be.  Dark went from "No Way in Hell" to What Aggro used to be in Set 1....Possible, but incredibly difficult....but yes, Dark Riku is a must no matter what.

I mean I did say Dark decks got better...if yall thought I was talking about dark decks with Ansem got better then sorry for saying it wrong @_@;;. I was just saying that my Ansem deck that had mods with set4 beat my Riku deck, but are there any other Dark Player cards that will be coming out in the later sets?

I would laugh if they made a Riku (Ansem Form) card, with the card text:

You may play friends, magic/friends, 'n dark cards in your friend area.  Dark cards play'd in your friend area this way are treated as friend cards, with half their POW rounded down.  You may play dark cards with the same name in this manner.  etc. etc..

I would laugh so hard.  Soooo many combos to pull off then. 

Highly doubt it'll happen, though.  The thought made me smile.

Choitz said:

I would laugh if they made a Riku (Ansem Form) card, with the card text:

You may play friends, magic/friends, 'n dark cards in your friend area.  Dark cards play'd in your friend area this way are treated as friend cards, with half their POW rounded down.  You may play dark cards with the same name in this manner.  etc. etc..

I would laugh so hard.  Soooo many combos to pull off then. 

Highly doubt it'll happen, though.  The thought made me smile.

Then would it be considered a Light/Player or Dark? and yes I agree XD

sungtrs said:

Honestly it's because my friend uses Dark Riku, and he doesn't really want me to use Dark Riku(we all hand-picked our player cards to represent ourselves for what we r known as in our group...I guess like Ash and Pikachu type a deal, a signature card persay? lol)...it's the same with Valor form for Sora and that's why I also don't use Valor, but I called dibs on Final Form(can't wait till that comes out >:D) so they wouldn't use that since I agreed I'm not using Valor, Wisdom, Roxas, etc...I would definitely use Dark Riku since he would be the recommended choice of course, but because of this I just choose to play with Ansem lol. I do agree though there is no chance of me winning with Ansem XD but it's fun to try eh? But won't there be more Dark Player cards for future sets? Or is it just Ansem and Dark Riku? O_O

I think that Riku and Ansem are the only dark players. I have been thinking of building a Ansem Deck, similar to my safe World run roxas, just that I will be stacking 3 Stops, just in case of first turn challenge with Kingdom key.

Oh well then yeah I can only use Ansem for now then....>.< lol but yeah it's pretty fun using Ansem, despite all of the disadvantages. I mean I like to make a underdog deck >:D I also have stops in my deck XD