Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Black

Armada Battlescribe files v1.0

Hi.

Thanks for this tool.

I'm not a developer but I will be happy to help with translations into Italian (my mother language) as well as French, Spanish, Portuguese if this can be of any help.

Hope you keep up the great work!

Ciao

Hey there, I'm not super familiar with how multiple languages are supported through Battlescribe- I'll have to check with the developer to see how they're handled in other game system files. My suspicion is that they would be a completely separate file, but it may not be the case.

One question: would it not possible to add in a potential future release images of the cards?

Once one gets used to "reading" cards, one simple glance at them can give all the necessary information; reading through charts, instead, can paradoxically be much more time consuming.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm not the developer of the battlescribe tool- I can certainly put in the suggestion, but I would suspect he has avoided doing so thus far to minimize legal entanglements. (Many battlescribe files are GW titles.)

Battlescribe files have been updated to include all spoiled cards from the Rule Through Fear preview. I'm still working on the most efficient way to limit ships to one modification apiece, and I also do not have the rules in place to prevent you from selecting Vader as your commander as well as having his TIE Advanced squadron in the same fleet.

Naturally, let me know if I've mistyped anything, I had to give myself a battlescribe and Github refresher course, so there's a decent chance everything went to hell in a non-immediately obvious way.

Alby1kenoby- still no word on whether images are something in the works on the battlescribe end- the way the app functions now I don't believe they're possible. I also haven't heard back regarding multiple languages within the same data file set. I'll hound the dev again for those questions.

All-

Sorry for the delay.  Spoiled cards (from all sources) have been added to the Armada Battlescribe files.  Your apps/desktop clients should update with the latest version (or force one if needed).  For some reason, it took over 5 days for the last few updates I'd thrown in to actually get pushed to clients.  I'm inquiring about the holdup, but no guarantees on any answer.  Additionally, I've upped the squadron limit to 134, which is the revised limits for squadron points at the tournament-level 400 point fleets.  Still no good way to get percentages to round up (they default to rounding down), so hard squadron limits are stuck for now.  

Enjoy building, and good luck to anyone fortunate enough to be able to hit a Sullust event, unfortunately my FLGS is lacking the interest in Armada (only myself and one other person bought in, with me being a relatively rare appearance and the other fellow an imperial loyalist it's hard to get people to sit down and demo).  Ah well, they'll be out for everyone in a month or three.  

As always, let me know here if I've janked anything or set values incorrectly; I gave everything a quick once over, but things do get missed.

Brian

Edited by Brian_Black

Thanks for the update. I noticed a tiny mistake - the MC80 stats are wrong: should be 3, 3, 4 for the assault cruiser, and 3, 4, 4 for the command cruiser.

Noted. Hopefully I should have time to update that tonight. Thanks!

Hiya bit on an odd issue,not sure if been reported.... Regardless of the rebel ship, I can't seem to equip,redundant shields and enhanced armament on the same ship

Sorry for the delayed response, haven't been watching my email for these notifications.  This is by design, as both of these are modifications. Per the Rules Reference for Upgrade Cards on pg. 13, Bullet 3:

A ship cannot have more than one upgrade card with the Modification trait.

Thanks!

Brian

I will ressurect old threads instead of making new ones.

Spoiled Wave 3 cards have been published and are available. Please make sure to update your files to get the new data. There are a few issues I found that need fixed (tonight hopefully):

- Gozanti Cruisers are missing the Offensive Retrofit upgrade

- Both new classes (Gozanti and Transport) are missing the Officer upgrade

These should be quick fixes. I wanted to mention them since it did get published last night and you'll see the new cards in your apps. If you all see anything else, let me know. I already have a patch in for cards spoiled in the Wave 4 announcement but since it didn't include cards for either ship, I left them out for now.

Thanks!

Brian

Edited by Brian_Black