Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Black

Armada Battlescribe files v1.0

Is there any way to adjust battlescribe's output? It's always so inefficient, so many extra boxes, frames, and repeated info.

Yes, to an extent. You can show or hide different bits of the output and change the level of detail.

The desktop version is a bit more versitile i think.

You used to be able to move all the rules and descriptions to the end of the output so you would only get each thing once.

Updated the files again, with the remainder of the unreleased Wave 1 goods.  Also corrected the GSD2 being 0 points and the commander validation.  I think my issue with the points not picking up is that I don't click off the field I'm updating, which means the editor doesn't register the change?  Ah well.  

Still no update from the GitHub folks, which is probably a good thing, as the dabbling I've been attempting has not been productive.  Also no update from the battlescribe dev on the points rounding issue, which is vexing- I don't like the hard limits.

Cool. Ill take a look through later.

I think you're right about the click-off thing.

Maybe best to go back to 33% then for now?

The CR90 Corvette A does not have an officer option. Other than that, everything that I have come across looks good. Thanks for putting time into creating this!

The CR90 Corvette A does not have an officer option. Other than that, everything that I have come across looks good. Thanks for putting time into creating this!

Were the cards changed from the preview from January?

Were the cards changed from the preview from January?

Yea I think they have. I had the cards in my hand at the time that I wrote the post and was messing with the battlescribe file.

Both corvettes now have the Officer option. I got into the github group, but it's a bit opaque as to how to move forward. In the meantime, I'll keep the dropbox files up to date.

Thank ya much! I'll see if it updates for me.

I updated the first post, but just as a heads up:

I've moved the datafile source, please make sure to update your battlescribe files to point to here:

http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repos/star-wars-armada/index.bsi

It didn't seem to affect my created lists when I did this, but no promises. Please make sure to do this, as I won't be updating the dropbox link that I was previously using going forward. As mentioned in the updated initial post, if you don't want to post errors here (as there isn't really a good way to track them), you are welcome to submit issues you identify here: https://github.com/BSData/star-wars-armada/issues

If you want to contribute and correct my heinous errors yourselves, put in a nice request here: https://github.com/BSData/bsdata/issues and ask for developer permissions to the star-wars-armada repository. Don't be spooked by the need to use GitHub, as it really streamlines multiple users working on the same data.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by Brian_Black

I'm confused: the new link you posted is the same one I already had from a few days ago. Plus in your OP, the text does not match the actual link.

Really appreciate the work you've done on this so far though, so thanks.

Hi!  I maintain the X-Wing BattleScribe files, so I've been doing this for a little while.  I rejiggered the order of the categories to get them to display in a more logical fashion (though they look out of whack in the gst file, they now display correctly in the roster editor).  I couldn't PM you on GitHub so I thought I would pop over here to chat instead.

Honestly, I'm a little sorry to tinker with the files at all.  I'm sure you have a sense of ownership and I don't want to butt in and change stuff as you are still figuring it out.  I don't intend to make a habit of it.  However, reordering the gst file categories is a huge pain and doing it was way quicker than explaining it.

I would love to talk shop and give you a good explanation of what I did, but I've got to crash for the night.  I'm under this handle here and on BGG.  I posted here because this thread was getting attention, but if you want to PM me and discuss, it is probably easier to hit me up on BGG.

Also, keep up the good work!  You are off to a great start!

Edited by Dr Lucky

Thanks Doc :)  I was the one who posted that suggestion so will check out the update later. I've only just started using Battlescribe so the X-Wing ones would be useful too - could you please post a link to them? Thanks.

Thanks Doc :)  I was the one who posted that suggestion so will check out the update later. I've only just started using Battlescribe so the X-Wing ones would be useful too - could you please post a link to them? Thanks.

The X-Wing files are here:

http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/repos/swxwing/index.bsi

Head to http://battlescribedata.appspot.com to see a list of all the game supported. There's probably 20 or so.

I've thought about doing some Imperial Assault skirmish files, but BattleScribe does not handle the deck-building aspect of the Command cards well. On top of that, the list building is so simple and there really aren't upgradable units, so maybe it's a bad fit.

I was surprised, since I knew I was using it in an imperial list, then I found it was missing in the rebel file. Hopefully I have some time tonight to make that fix as well as try out the proposed fix I got for squadron limiting from the battlescribe dev.

Courtesy of another contributor, the contents of wave 1 were ready to go.  I took my sweet time reviewing it, making one minor tweak, and adding Tycho.  Squadron points still set to a static 100 points.

Hmm, lemme double check they were in the release

*Looks like everything is there now, I seem to recall the bsdata folks mentioning it can take a little while for the server to automatically push out updates. Let me know if you're still missing them, as I'm seeing them (Chiraneau, Tycho, etc) on my phone app.

Edited by Brian_Black