Sign in to follow this  
XTREM1337

Question about Mythos / Rumors Cards

When I draw a Mythos card, the card said Advance Omen ring to the Green Comet. I'm looking if I have a Green Comet on a Gate token, and I havent. So we're ok.

Secondly, it said Resolve Reconking Effect, so I'm looking if I have a Reconing icon on Monsters, Gate or watever and I resolve them. that's clear.

Third, a Gate Spawn with a Green comet icon and althought a monster with a Reconing Icon ...

So my question is, does I should draw a second monster because we're on the Green Comet during this Mythos Phase and does I should resolve the Reconing effect of these monsters? or just only during the next mythos phase?

Second question, when it said to draw a Rumor card, does I should take this card from my Mythos deck or I should take it from the Rumor card pile?

Its a great game, I really like it.

Thanks

Ehm.. not so sure if I understand your questions properly. In case, sorry if my answer has no sense.

a) you create a Mythos deck during the setup, according to the specific instructions coming with each AO

b) cards are sequentially drawn from that Mythos deck, and according to the type of the card (reckoning, surge, rumor) they are resolved. Important: if you play with the Starting Rumor option, you get that card not from the deck, but from the not-to-be-used-in-this-game cards

c) effects are resolved in order (not so sure why you keep on referrng on Green space, the omen marker moves along the track, and every time it advances to a new space, you check for matching gates to advance doom). When a new gate is to be spawned, you always spawn also a monster from it, regardless of dimensional symbols

Let me know f this clarifies your doubts :)

Ok Effect are resolved in order.. so that mean, If the third phase on the Mythos card  is a Gate and spawn a monster with a reconing icon, I dont resolve the reckoning effect for this monster because the monster spawn AFTER the reconing phase on the Mythos card?

Concerning the green comet or watever stars color, on the Mythos card, the third phase is a Gate Spawn, that mean, I take a new Gate and place it on the right location AND I draw a monster, place it on this gate BUT this gate has the same comet icon that we have actualy in the comet track, does I need to draw a second monster for this gate?

English is my secondary language.

Ok Effect are resolved in order.. so that mean, If the third phase on the Mythos card  is a Gate and spawn a monster with a reconing icon, I dont resolve the reckoning effect for this monster because the monster spawn AFTER the reconing phase on the Mythos card?

Correct. Additionally, let's say you have a Condition card, whose Reckoning effect results in another condition being pulled with a recoking effect too: you don't resolve the reckoning of this second card during this Mythos phase. You need to have to be in another Mythos phase with another reckoning to resolve.

Concerning the green comet or watever stars color, on the Mythos card, the third phase is a Gate Spawn, that mean, I take a new Gate and place it on the right location AND I draw a monster, place it on this gate BUT this gate has the same comet icon that we have actualy in the comet track, does I need to draw a second monster for this gate?

Nope. Resolving a "gate spawn" implies placing a gate and a monster in play. It doesn't matter whether the symbol on the gate matches the symbol on the omen track; and it doesn't matter if the monster appearing has a reckoning effect

English is my secondary language.

No probs with that, the only important thing is that we've been able to communicate :)

Hope this clarifies your doubts!

One important thing to remember is when you resolve a Reckoning, it only sees cards and effects that were in play when the reckoning began. If a monster or other card enters play as a result of the reckoning, you don't resolve any of its reckoning effects until the next reckoning, as Julia said.

And one more point about reckonings: if an investigator is cursed, role for that reckoning first - if you lose it then it will make things better for any other reckonings for that investigator. Conversely, if they are blessed, then role for the blessing last!

I'm sure ricedwlit is an experienced player, but I wanted to remind new players that there is an order that you have to apply the reckoning effects in (Reference Guide, page 9):

1. Monsters (in the order you choose)

2. Ancient One

3. Mythos

4. Possessions and Conditions (Lead Investigator resolves all his/her reckonings in the order s/he chooses, then the other players do the same in clockwise order.)

Just to clarify, Ricedwlit's awesome tip applies when you get to step 4. You still have to resolve steps 1-3 first. When it's your investigator's turn to process reckoning effects, you want to do them in the best order for you, as he said: usually a curse first, other stuff, and blessing last).