Sign in to follow this  
CobaltWraith

Armada from Amazon in USA (not UK)

To differentiate ourselves from our brethren across the pond, this thread is so that those of us who ordered from Amazon directly while that was still a thing three months ago in the USA can keep each other up to date on progress. Does anyone here in our fine country have anything more finite then "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate, we'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"?

That might be changing as well. As of today, it seems that Amazon had gotten their shipments in and plans on shipping between fri-mon

Where and how did you get that information?

Called and asked. Not the only one either. I've conversed with several who were told the same thing today. Yesterday the story was late April. Today they changed their tune. The official publication/release date is 28 March, so that update info made sense.

Same as what Walmart is saying.  I should have probably ordered elsewhere, but I am more concerned with CC identify theft.  If a big company gets hit, there will be announcements.

Anyone with the discounted Amazon pre-orders have any new information?  I still haven't heard a peep from Amazon... :-/

I sent an email out to customer service, Friday I think.  They said sorry and upgraded me to free next-day shipping (though not that big of a boost since I already had free 2-day with Prime).  Then I got an email saying it would arrive on April 17th.  Though when I actually go in to check the order status, nothing as far as shipping information has changed (except it does say next-day shipping now), it still says the same 'we don't know when' blurb.

Anyone with the discounted Amazon pre-orders have any new information?  I still haven't heard a peep from Amazon... :-/

I sent an email out to customer service, Friday I think.  They said sorry and upgraded me to free next-day shipping (though not that big of a boost since I already had free 2-day with Prime).  Then I got an email saying it would arrive on April 17th.  Though when I actually go in to check the order status, nothing as far as shipping information has changed (except it does say next-day shipping now), it still says the same 'we don't know when' blurb.

I too sent an email.  A little while later, I got an automated email sent saying that the status of the order had been updated to ship on April 17th.  This wasn't in direct response to my complaint email.  That showed up about fifteen minutes later.  In it they said that the item in question had been back ordered, and they would fill it as soon as possible.  They upgraded me to one day shipping (again, not a very big deal as I have prime), but the expected delivery date in the email was April 1st.  So either it's a very mean April Fool's joke, or I should have it before the week is out.  Hopefully this will be good news for others who also ordered through Amazon.

I'm getting my two cores tomorrow.

Sent an email Thursday complaining that third parties on the site have it in stock but my pre-order hasn't shipped. Their response was that I could cancel my order, order from third party instead, and send them the order number and they would credit the difference and shipping cost. That's exactly what I did. Saved even more because third party didn't charge tax.

Have the painting issues been resolved on the Neb?  There won't be any local tournaments close to me in the near future, so I am not in a rush.  I figure that Walmart and Amazon were getting their shipment later so that the distributor can support the normal crowd first.  So - I am happy to wait for a second batch with a better paint job.  But if that has been resolved, I would drop my tokens on someone that has it in stock.

Edited by wjgo

So - I am happy to wait for a second batch with a better paint job.  But if that has been resolved, I am drop my tokens on someone that has it in stock.

I guess I'm also in this boat. I saw some Armada in shops but all the Nebulons' backs are white. Corvette also didn't look that good. Pity because the Victory looks fantastic.

I'm getting my two cores tomorrow.

Sent an email Thursday complaining that third parties on the site have it in stock but my pre-order hasn't shipped. Their response was that I could cancel my order, order from third party instead, and send them the order number and they would credit the difference and shipping cost. That's exactly what I did. Saved even more because third party didn't charge tax.

Tempting. Might do that if we don't hear anything in a few days.

Edited by DarkArk

Just interested, did anyone actually receive their copy of Armada from Amazon US?

I mean, without complaining and changing to a third party seller and getting refunds to the original price?

TLDR, Rant = Ordered somewhere else, decide what to do with Amazon order, if it ever ships...

The reason I ask, I have been getting different answers out of their customer support telling me I can do the same, though I actually can't because none of the third party sellers they backed ship internationally. Shipping costs also rose from what I was initially quoted $10 USD, which I thought must have been a mistake, to an average of $100 USD. A little steep, probably more realistic but a quote's a quote, right?

Then a new email, possibly from a manager, claiming the other customer service reps were wrong and were getting a pretty stingy smack on the back of the legs for telling fibs and that I could order and ship internationally but any refund would only be given as a gift certificate (store credit). I don't really want to "spend" $100 US at Amazon now...

Anyways, rant over, ended up ordering somewhere else and I'll decide what to do with a second core set if it ever ships from my original pre-order with Amazon. I was probably expecting too much from them at that price anyways, but it still leaves a slight taste of bitterness.

Armadaless in NZ.

I posted in the other thread, I asked about possible delivery date and got a price match offer with overnight shipping if I orderd from a 3rd party. I received everything this past Wednesday and also saved on the tax from the 3rd party vendor. I found it very strange and a bit annoying that Amazon cannot get their response straight. Being late me not having info if one thing but to give different information is just not a good thing. People have been getting different answers and different levels of support. Some people I know we're told that Amazon would not or could not price match. I only asked why Amazon could fulfill orders for other vendors and not their own and the as immediately offered a price match....

Edited by miridor

If you buy from Amazon, you have to buy from their stock.  Each vendor that has Amazon fulfill and ship their orders, has warehouse space they rent.  Its not cut and dry.  Amazon just can not pick and choose from its vendors that also offer the same product they do.  They have no control over what is in a box or not, where they got the product, or if the product is even legit.