Sign in to follow this  
Omnislash024

Just got this game!

After Descent I cant play in HeroQuest, although Im played many many hours in HQ and I loved it, but this old mechanic...Lack of movement on the diagonal, quests where you must kill them all and nothing more - HQ is old game, we will love it as a grandma of Descent:)

@ Omnislash:

Have fun and welcome to the community!

@ Soundheart:

Well, why not apply the movement and attack/defense rolls from Descent into Heroquest? It's not really that hard.

What I did is categorize the dice from Descent by color and value.

So the green dice is the lowest and has a value of 1. The yellow dice has a value of 2, the red has a value of 3....

For defense the brown is the weakest dice and so has a value of 1, grey dice has a value of 2, black dice has a value of 3,... 

So for example when you would face a Goblin (i believe 2 attack dice, 1 defense dice in Heroquest), this means he would attack with a blue and yellow (value 2); and will defend with 1 brown dice. As surges go you can be creative. For the Goblins, their numbers is their strenght so rolling a surge could mean a new Goblin appears adjacent to the goblin that rolled the surge.

I think i have somewhere some stats i made for the conversion.  

Well I'll see if i can post the stats I have for all the monster groups tomorrow. I even use the HQ miniatures for additional monster in descent. I mean we have great monster groups but  seriously, no orcs or chaos warriors??? :P