Sign in to follow this  
cpteveros

Contour Maps

I have used several different map generators with varying levels of success; it seems many are designed for just world-level mapping. This is handy, sure, but when it comes down to maps of a valley or the area around a hill, there is a paucity of tools. I want to be able to generate (or create) contour maps, to give a realistic looking map to my players so they can see the surrounding area with elevation. Does anyone know of something that could work? 

I am not talking about doing it by hand or with Paint, as my time is more valuable to me than doing it manually. Any suggestions?

While I have thought about that, I am not at all familiar with Roll20 (my group plays around a table) and trying to pick and choose already created maps may or may not fit the scenario or location I have in mind. I have been using MapMaker to draw the contour lines by hand, which isn't ideal but not a total waste of time, either. What I am looking for is something that randomly generates a contour map, to give to players as a "tactical" map that isn't just a few hills and rivers drawn with Microsoft Paint.