Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, JadinED said:

DID YOU SEE THE DETAILS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SSD?

yes....

the more I look at that mini, the more I'm happy NOT to have preordered it....

in the preview it looked odd-shaped to me, it seems it really is, top panelling makes it looks like a Playskool toy, the people who had to wash it was as lazy as the one who did the Neb B (maybe its the same one), and seriously those underside details are the icing on the cake!

"hello, my name can be Executor, Ravager, Night Hammer, Steel Fist, etc... I'm supposed to be the epitome of Imperial Might, designed to instil fear and despair in my ennemies' mind... and they put a smiling clown emoji and a teddy bear with boobs on my belly!" 😓😭

sorry to rain on everyone's parade, won't do it again, but I had to!

Edited by gounour

49 minutes ago, gounour said:

yes....

in the preview it looked odd-shaped to me, it seems it really is, top panelling makes it looks like a Playskool toy, the people who had to wash it was as lazy as the one who did the Neb B (maybe its the same one), and seriously those underside details are the icing on the cake!

"hello, my name can be Executor, Ravager, Night Hammer, Steel Fist, etc... I'm supposed to be the epitome of Imperial Might, designed to instil fear and despair in my ennemies' mind... and they put a smiling clown emoji and a teddy bear with boobs on my belly!" 😓😭

36i257.jpg

37 minutes ago, gounour said:

yes....

So... you didn't reorder and don't want to buy an SSD because quality-wise and from the standpoint of immersiveness, you think the SSD looks like this?

81L1MC54hvL._SY355_.jpg

Well... whatever floats your boat, man...

14 hours ago, JadinED said:

😊

In Seriousness...

DID YOU SEE THE DETAILS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SSD?

🙃😛🤪😌🤯🤤

Magnificent!! Game or not it’s a show piece fore sure! Star Wars collectors are going to buy it up quickly! Will be interesting to see how fast it goes out of stock!

2 hours ago, gounour said:

yes....

Your not raining on my parade!! I love it!! 

And really chill out it’s a toy after all, and what a great way to instill fear! The rebels see that smiley face knowing their doom is upon them!!! The emperor would love it!!! Cue Palpatine’s evil laugh!!!

On 7/24/2019 at 8:25 PM, bleezy said:

Returning to this beautiful thread to note: the first SSDs have trickled out into a few lucky players' hands: 

I somehow feel that the SSD looks a little strange. Its proportions feel kind of wrong. I have nothing to back this up with but it seems to me that the ratio of width to length in this mini is kind of off. It looks a little to wide for its length. Is that just me or is anyone else also feeling this way?

I think the proportions are find, but I think the non-plating parts need to be a little darker. Perhaps run over with a bit of wash or something?

Looking at some of the images from the film, I don't know if is the set lighting, the actual ship lights, or painting, but the bumpy bits look a bit darker than the rest.

Maybe FFG made the mistake of making their model look like the original model itself, rather than like our perception/memories of it.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

I think the proportions are find, but I think the non-plating parts need to be a little darker. Perhaps run over with a bit of wash or something?

Looking at some of the images from the film, I don't know if is the set lighting, the actual ship lights, or painting, but the bumpy bits look a bit darker than the rest.

Maybe FFG made the mistake of making their model look like the original model itself, rather than like our perception/memories of it.

Rather, its been painted as a "Star Dreadnought Prototype"

Rather an the specific Executor.

I mean, look at the Ship Cards...  :)

Edited by Drasnighta

48 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Clearly the right answer is to Pai it yourself. Go full 70s conversion van, airbrush a unicorn on the side.

How did you know what my plan was? I am 100% going to repaint one to be just the most ludacris one ever.

Because why not? It would be MY model, and just like my other Empire Ships, I want to be able to see the difference from half the room away as to which one is mine and my friends.

3 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

I am 100% going to repaint one to be just the most ludacris one ever.

I'd think a Biggie Smalls or Big Boi one would be more appropriate, but I'd love to see a Ludacris one. ;D

39 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

How did you know what my plan was? I am 100% going to repaint one to be just the most ludacris one ever.

Because why not? It would be MY model, and just like my other Empire Ships, I want to be able to see the difference from half the room away as to which one is mine and my friends.

Paint it plaid. 

22 hours ago, gounour said:

yes....

21 hours ago, JadinED said:

So... you didn't reorder and don't want to buy an SSD because quality-wise and from the standpoint of immersiveness, you think the SSD looks like this?

81L1MC54hvL._SY355_.jpg

Well... whatever floats your boat, man...

Speaking of the Falcon... JJ put a Nolan BATMOBILE in the details of the screen used Falcon prop.

In general, most of the ships in Star Wars are kitbashed from military models... from Crabboks video, i saw multiple pieces of bridge superstructures from WW battle ships mixed in on the top of the SSD. If the modelers sneaked in a few funny items, I applaud their cheeky-ness. They simply continued a very Star Wars tradition. Just be thankful they did it on a side that most people wont see while on the table, and move on.....

Besides, maybe the ACTUAL ILM model had these items, and FFG copied them.... you never know....

23 hours ago, LordCola said:

I somehow feel that the SSD looks a little strange. Its proportions feel kind of wrong. I have nothing to back this up with but it seems to me that the ratio of width to length in this mini is kind of off. It looks a little to wide for its length. Is that just me or is anyone else also feeling this way?

In all seriousness it is probably due to it being on camera. Humans arent the only people to gain ten pounds through a monocular lense.

15 hours ago, geek19 said:

Clearly the right answer is to Pai it yourself. Go full 70s conversion van, airbrush a unicorn on the side.

I wasn't going to get one... but you've made me realise there is enough blank space to paint the entire main cast of mlp on. 

Hehehehe