Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

7 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

This is why I keep getting away with it...

... never willing to handle things yourself.

Of course I'm not! I'm a Moff* for crying out loud!

The Empire is about delegation and providing loyal citizens, stormtroopers, officers, and cadets (&etc. - such as aliens in spice mines) with ways in which they can serve the greater good of galactic civilization. If I just drove up to Hothgary to crush you in the space lanes, all my underlings would have to bear the burden of finding their own things to do.

You are a nihilist for even suggesting such a thing.

*Barely, given how my Corellian Conflicts worked out.

3 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Of course I'm not! I'm a Moff* for crying out loud!

The Empire is about delegation and providing loyal citizens, stormtroopers, officers, and cadets (&etc. - such as aliens in spice mines) with ways in which they can serve the greater good of galactic civilization. If I just drove up to Hothgary to crush you in the space lanes, all my underlings would have to bear the burden of finding their own things to do.

You are a nihilist for even suggesting such a thing.

*Barely, given how my Corellian Conflicts worked out.

Isn't Junior Assistant Vice Under-Moff Trudeau still in charge of any Imperial dealings with the Canada Sector. If so it's no wonder @Drasnighta hasn't been caught.

Holy moly...

What's going on here...? I'm out of it for a bit - talk of doom and gloom and RIP Armada and all.

Nek minnut - KABOOOM! SSD!

This is incredible!! Although - reality has sunk in and...well. $199 USD!???

What should I do, pick one up for a fleeting moment of bliss and then insta-death-by-Mrs. shortly thereafter?

Or completely delude myself and pretend it hasn't actually happened???

It never ceases to amaze me how well FFG has treated us addicts fans.

Interdictor - checked!

Winged Liberty - checked!

Assault Gunboat - checked!

Grand Admiral Thrawn - checked!

SSD! - CHECKED!

How about Gunboat Squadrons for Armada?? Pretty please FFG! :lol::lol::lol:

Dreadnaughts anyone? Hehe!

Ok, Ive seen some of the spoiler pics and Im ready for wild speculation. 

Defense tokens may be restricted to specific hull zones. So the nose may get a scatter while the broadsides dont.

I also heard that it may include an A-Wing as a joke/movie reference which makes me think of a mechanic that may allow it better usability in fleetbuilding without A) Being OP or B) sinking all of your points into a single ship. Exhibit A:
 th?id=OIP._ihfqH2ESxybm2hozCwHUQHaKS&pid

The "Hunted" cards from MTG allowed you to get a creature that was *well* above curve at the cost of giving your opponent resources of value approximately equivalent to the difference between your creature and its "true" placement on curve. This allows you to play things that are normally too big to be competitive without being OP, which seems to be the exact problem with the SSD.  While Im not getting my hopes up for FFG to actually do something like this, I want to be able to say "I called it" if they do.