Jump to content
Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Foolish Rebel,
You are operating along some cost/benefit calculus, without understanding the Emperor's great purpose for the Executor-class Star Dreadnought. In an entire Galaxy of resources and lives, the Executor-class (not to mention the Death Star) is such a great and glorious manifestation of the Emperor and Empire's power, that it strikes awe into the hearts of the galactic citizenry, and terror into the spines of the rebel terrorists who would bring chaos and anarchy back to the galaxy.

It's worth it!

 Also, regarding that video: Fake news! What you’re seeing and what you're watching is not what's happening.

It’s not terribly awe-inspiring if it gets blown up by an A-wing.  Fake or not, if citizens believe that, the SSD isn’t helping the Imperial image.

Edited by The Jabbawookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

It’s not terribly awe-inspiring if it gets blown up by an A-wing.  Fake or not, if citizens believe that, the SSD isn’t helping the Imperial image.

True citizens don't believe that. Anyone who believes that is clearly part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor.

And should be taken away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An an imperial cadet... I personally believe we should use more ships over one mega ship. After all, the old saying if dont put all your eggs in one basket holds true. If a SSD goes down, morale starts to break, the enemy gets a large morale boost, and we lose a large portion of our troops and fire support for that fleet...

 

I believe we should use multiple, combined arms forces instead. After all, a Victory can be replaced much easier than a SSD. And if even if a VSD is shot down, more will be next to and behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

An an imperial cadet... I personally believe we should use more ships over one mega ship. After all, the old saying if dont put all your eggs in one basket holds true. If a SSD goes down, morale starts to break, the enemy gets a large morale boost, and we lose a large portion of our troops and fire support for that fleet...

 

I believe we should use multiple, combined arms forces instead. After all, a Victory can be replaced much easier than a SSD. And if even if a VSD is shot down, more will be next to and behind it.

As an Imperial officer I'm disappointed that you, an Imperial cadet, would

1. Be spreading the lies and propaganda of the Rebel Alliance. We all know the footage of the Executor's destruction was faked and spread across the holonet by Rebel bots. No Rebels have ever successfully mounted a strike on an Imperial SSD and they never will. This is the very definition of "fake news" To even think any differently is treason.

2. Question the wisdom and perfection that is Imperial Doctrine. It sounds as if you might be under the influence of some of these alt-light side instructors that have crept their way into our academies. I'll need a list of all of their names and operating numbers submitted in triplicate immediately.

 

@Mikael Hasselstein is this one of your cadets? If not then we should find out who is responsible for these egregious shortcomings in training. At the very least thorough re-education procedures must take place and the likelihood of extreme disciplinary measures is high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

 

@Mikael Hasselstein is this one of your cadets? If not then we should find out who is responsible for these egregious shortcomings in training. At the very least thorough re-education procedures must take place and the likelihood of extreme disciplinary measures is high.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Megatronrex said:

@Drasnighta Your exploits as Rebel Propaganda Master have been well documented. When we finally capture you "extreme disciplinary measures" will just begin to describe what's in store for you.

When?  We;re well into If territory now, bucko...  Even when I am drunk from drinking half a bottle of whiskey in 20 minutes after being in a 30C degree gaming store for 12 hours running a store champs I didn't get to participate in again...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

When?  We;re well into If territory now, bucko...  Even when I am drunk from drinking half a bottle of whiskey in 20 minutes after being in a 30C degree gaming store for 12 hours running a store champs I didn't get to participate in again...

 

 

Don't worry, I know where you live...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

When?  We;re well into If territory now, bucko...  Even when I am drunk from drinking half a bottle of whiskey in 20 minutes after being in a 30C degree gaming store for 12 hours running a store champs I didn't get to participate in again...

Dude I will never understand how you get screwed out of playing EVERY time. Look on the bright side though. That lack of commanding fleets in combat is also what makes you a low priority target for the Empire. Besides if we invade Canada just to get one Australian nose puncher then we're stuck with all those Canadians and who wants that. You're day will come, be patient. Maybe they'll discover something valuable to the Empire like kyber crystals up there in the frozen wastes and we can deal with you sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

As an Imperial officer I'm disappointed that you, an Imperial cadet, would

1. Be spreading the lies and propaganda of the Rebel Alliance. We all know the footage of the Executor's destruction was faked and spread across the holonet by Rebel bots. No Rebels have ever successfully mounted a strike on an Imperial SSD and they never will. This is the very definition of "fake news" To even think any differently is treason.

2. Question the wisdom and perfection that is Imperial Doctrine. It sounds as if you might be under the influence of some of these alt-light side instructors that have crept their way into our academies. I'll need a list of all of their names and operating numbers submitted in triplicate immediately.

 

@Mikael Hasselstein is this one of your cadets? If not then we should find out who is responsible for these egregious shortcomings in training. At the very least thorough re-education procedures must take place and the likelihood of extreme disciplinary measures is high.

I apologize sir, I seem to have been given an old Clone War era military text book... maybe thats why all my ships are painted in republic colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

 

@Mikael Hasselstein is this one of your cadets? If not then we should find out who is responsible for these egregious shortcomings in training. At the very least thorough re-education procedures must take place and the likelihood of extreme disciplinary measures is high. 

Nope, not one of mine, clearly.

Since @Drasnighta is claiming responsibility, I say we hold him responsible. Since he tends to hang out in the Secret Rebel Base a lot, it might not work...

..Oh, wait, it seems @clontroper5 knows where he lives. I say we let the prodigal cadet handle this matter. I've got an interrogation droid he can borrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Megatronrex said:

Dude I will never understand how you get screwed out of playing EVERY time. Look on the bright side though. That lack of commanding fleets in combat is also what makes you a low priority target for the Empire. Besides if we invade Canada just to get one Australian nose puncher then we're stuck with all those Canadians and who wants that. You're day will come, be patient. Maybe they'll discover something valuable to the Empire like kyber crystals up there in the frozen wastes and we can deal with you sooner.

In this case, the main issue was me being courteous.

I booked my store champs well in advance.  Giving well over a month's notice.  At a time where, in the local area, there were no tournaments.

 

 

 

Then a bunch of other tournaments were booked for the day before, and people, (obviously, and without personal fault) decided to they'd rather do their local tournaments than travel to mine...

...  so yeah.  Just.  Down overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Nope, not one of mine, clearly.

Since @Drasnighta is claiming responsibility, I say we hold him responsible. Since he tends to hang out in the Secret Rebel Base a lot, it might not work...

..Oh, wait, it seems @clontroper5 knows where he lives. I say we let the prodigal cadet handle this matter. I've got an interrogation droid he can borrow.

Glad to know his failings are not your doing.

I'm afraid it'll take more than an interrogation droid and a cadet to deal with this threat, but it would be entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Megatronrex said:

Yeah I guess if you leave out the lions and warlords and rampant diseases, sure effing paradise.

Lions?  Warlords?  Diseases?

I grew up in a land where every indigenous piece of flora and fauna are completely inimical to human existence.  Where the very air you breathe can be deadly due to a simple thing like weather.  (ref: This)

 

I repeat.

Paradise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

Lions?  Warlords?  Diseases?

I grew up in a land where every indigenous piece of flora and fauna are completely inimical to human existence.  Where the very air you breathe can be deadly due to a simple thing like weather.  (ref: This)

 

I repeat.

Paradise.

 

Yeah but, um, because, you know, I mean, so you're homeland was trying to kill you from birth but at least you didn't have warlords.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

In this case, the main issue was me being courteous.

I booked my store champs well in advance.  Giving well over a month's notice.  At a time where, in the local area, there were no tournaments.

 

Then a bunch of other tournaments were booked for the day before, and people, (obviously, and without personal fault) decided to they'd rather do their local tournaments than travel to mine...


...  so yeah.  Just.  Down overall.

I really feel for you on this.  I have been trying to get all the stores in Arizona to tell me when their SCs are for two months now.  X-Wing... we'll give you three months notice, but Armada... we might make our mind up by the 15th of August. Maybe.  Hope you get a chance to play in some tournaments this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Megatronrex said:

Yeah but, um, because, you know, I mean, so you're homeland was trying to kill you from birth but at least you didn't have warlords.

No, instead, we wage war on Birds with Machine guns.

.and lose...

 

...twice.

Warlords don't survive to become a nuisance.

(Ref: This )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

No, instead, we wage war on Birds with Machine guns.

.and lose...

 

...twice.

Warlords don't survive to become a nuisance.

(Ref: This )

Now that sounds like a d*** good time to me. Do you know how much money they could make today charging people to mow down herds of emus with a machine gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...