Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

On 4/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, idiewell said:

Well the Broha'tok and Nebulon B2 are still waiting for launch then.

I think that's an AF MK I, not aNeb B2. The top fin is just cut off in the hologram display. 

What card is the Broha'tok on?

The SSD appears on 2 different cards, Entrapment Formation, & Shields to Maximum. 

8 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

I think that's an AF MK I, not aNeb B2. The top fin is just cut off in the hologram display. 

What card is the Broha'tok on?

The SSD appears on 2 different cards, Entrapment Formation, & Shields to Maximum. 

I was referring to artwork of the Broha'tok on the MC-75 Box.  The other i've heard argued as either an AF MK 1 or the Nebulon-B2.  Either would work for me :D

3 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

How the Hyperspace Report should have ended.

2pvy7xM.jpg

Ehhhh...man, that really looks way, WAY too small for what I'd dream about.  What is the length on that one?  I had in my mind that 36" would be perfect, but that kind of looks like it's about there, and...if so...*eek*, now I'm considering heresy and wondering if the SSD *can* be made to work in the game!

(Although I suspect painting will probably help a lot, still - curious on the measurements on this guy...maybe it really is 48" or bust for my own wishes...)

Edited by xanderf

26 1/8" long, 8 1/8" wide. The ISD is 8" long, 5 1/4" wide. Nice ballance between size and playability. Putting it on a taller base helps.

Visually, I would love a larger model, but the larger it gets, the higher the price tag, and the harder it is to make it playable. Something has to give, and it is within the sliding scale so I'm good.

If FFG decides to make a larger version I will happily pony up the cash, but realistically I am less than confident that we will actually see a 36" model from them.

Life is all about comprise.

18 minutes ago, cynanbloodbane said:

26 1/8" long, 8 1/8" wide. The ISD is 8" long, 5 1/4" wide. Nice ballance between size and playability. Putting it on a taller base helps.

Visually, I would love a larger model, but the larger it gets, the higher the price tag, and the harder it is to make it playable. Something has to give, and it is within the sliding scale so I'm good.

If FFG decides to make a larger version I will happily pony up the cash, but realistically I am less than confident that we will actually see a 36" model from them.

Life is all about comprise.

Okay, 26" makes sense.  Still a monster!  Yet enough I can keep my hopes up that, somehow, someday, somewhere...a 36" version might exist... ?

5 hours ago, cynanbloodbane said:

How the Hyperspace Report should have ended.

2pvy7xM.jpg

I know it’s probably in scale but it looks a bit thin to me. Maybe it’s just the angle.

Look forward to seeing it painted.

1 hour ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Muahahahahaha! The thread still lives!

With GenCon coming up and it being entirely possible that we get an SSD this MUST be on the front of the page!

Does that mean that you are coming around to the One True Faith? The Faith that the upcoming release will be the SSD, rather that ridiculous notion that they might do Clone Wars (next)?

Good,.. good,.. Give yourself to the SSD Side.

2 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Does that mean that you are coming around to the One True Faith? The Faith that the upcoming release will be the SSD, rather that ridiculous notion that they might do Clone Wars (next)?

Why? They’ve been shown to be a waste of Imperial resources (and lives...)

2 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Well hey. I want both. I want Clone Wars more but you won’t hear me complaining with an SSD.

Now if it’s anything BESIDES SSD or Clone Wars.....

15 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Why? They’ve been shown to be a waste of Imperial resources (and lives...)

Foolish Rebel,
You are operating along some cost/benefit calculus, without understanding the Emperor's great purpose for the Executor-class Star Dreadnought. In an entire Galaxy of resources and lives, the Executor-class (not to mention the Death Star) is such a great and glorious manifestation of the Emperor and Empire's power, that it strikes awe into the hearts of the galactic citizenry, and terror into the spines of the rebel terrorists who would bring chaos and anarchy back to the galaxy.

It's worth it!

Also, regarding that video: Fake news! What you’re seeing and what you're watching is not what's happening.

12 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Well hey. I want both. I want Clone Wars more but you won’t hear me complaining with an SSD.

Ah, but you realize that your desires are second to what FFG and the Emperor want.

12 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

What about a new campaign box? It's not what I would consider Something Big, which is why I don't think it will happen*, but that certainly has great appeal to me.
*Also, they've said that they're not working on a new campaign box.

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

52 minutes ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

I think it could absolutely be something besides those two.  I'd say Clone Wars is less than 10% unless you count the Venator but that was used by the Emipre so I don't count it.  I do give the SSD more than a 50% chance but my desire for it has wained recently as I fear it will be gimmicky.  I just want something more for standard 400 point games.  For me the biggest needs are...

Medium Rebel ship, I think this is pretty obvious.  One possibility would be a repackaged Quasar.

Small Imperial Ship.  More specifically a command 1 ship that shoots.  All we have for that now is the Raider and I think we should have something more Red Dice centric.  Combat Gozanti doesn't count.

I really don't think we need squads.  The U-wing is about the only thing I'd care about and it could be a ship include like the Gauntlet fighters.  Maybe even with that Rebel Quasar I suggested earlier.

Really I'd take anything at the moment just to know FFG remembers this game exists.