Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

8 hours ago, xanderf said:

Indeed.  And if looking for a Japanese 'closest point' reference to the Executor (heh, notably the 'looks terrifying, does nothing' angle), you'd probably find a closer match with the Shōkaku - which did get released.

Actually.... I would nominate Shinano as the Japanese carrier most like Executor: Looks terrifying, did nothing, destroyed with barely any effort. It's amazing how plot armor in movies and bad luck in real life always seems to hammer super weapons.

1 hour ago, Thalomen said:

Actually.... I would nominate Shinano as the Japanese carrier most like Executor: Looks terrifying, did nothing, destroyed with barely any effort. It's amazing how plot armor in movies and bad luck in real life always seems to hammer super weapons.

They intended to do Shinano in set 7, the “unreleased” set. 

2 hours ago, Thalomen said:

Derp, yeah, that was the one I was thinking of.  The third Yamato-class ship that got turned into a carrier halfway through construction.

4 hours ago, Thalomen said:

Destructive power hasn’t really been proportional to size for a while. Changes war a lot.:D

yoda.jpg

5 hours ago, jamie nasmyth said:

Something big is coming...... 

4 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I am impressed that this board has had the restraint not to make the obvious joke associated with this phrase. If Michael Scott were here it would have been too hard for him not to use it. 

That's what Fantasy Flight Games said.

I've broken the code.

On 4/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, cynanbloodbane said:

From the depths it arises!

Three mentions of this thread always call it back. (Wasn't even me this time!) 

SWM20 is the SSD

I am very excited for May 1st! It will be as if millions of wallets cried out in terror, and were suddenly emptied!

Hehehe, lets take a moment of silence for already fallen wallets :)

I am really curious, when Tsunami 1 happens ( SSD release would be too big to be named a wave ) will be there enough prints for sale? I am asking this because I see a lot of non-players are buying ISD just for decoration and I feel like samething will happen with SSD.

2 minutes ago, LostFleet said:

Hehehe, lets take a moment of silence for already fallen wallets :)

I am really curious, when Tsunami 1 happens ( SSD release would be too big to be named a wave ) will be there enough prints for sale? I am asking this because I see a lot of non-players are buying ISD just for decoration and I feel like samething will happen with SSD.

There is no cheap on-the-market model of the SSD. I have the feeling that this one will sell well for FFG.

4 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

There is no cheap on-the-market model of the SSD. I have the feeling that this one will sell well for FFG.

I have 2 of everything else. No reason to expect me to stop now, and I already plan to pick up Mel's second one. There is no such thing as too many Star Destroyers!

2 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

Someone probably has already mentioned this (this thread is that big), but we've received multiple cards that feature the SSD on them, and in the past we have gotten ships that we initially saw in the background on cards. 

Examples are: ISD, Liberty, raider.... 

Well the Broha'tok and Nebulon B2 are still waiting for launch then.