Eagle128

Super Star Destroyer discussion thread

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Indeed. Started in 2015 and those first posters aren't even around anymore. It's like we are playing in a house after the owners died.

That's pretty much a description for Armada as a whole, not just the SSD discussion. Between the first and the second wave of ships I bought a house, had 4 children, divorced and married twice and had 7 different jobs. By the time they get to releasing the SSD I fear I may have already reincarnated twice.

1 hour ago, dominosfleet said:

Welcome back from the dead SSD thread, you're on your way to becoming an great old god at this point. 

As long as SWM20 remains unrevealed, we'll always have hope!

(Not the kind that rebellions are built on, though - the other kind, better kind, of hope)

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

As long as SWM20 remains unrevealed, we'll always have hope!

(Not the kind that rebellions are built on, though - the other kind, better kind, of hope)

Agreed!
The kind of hope that brings despair to the filthy enemies of the great Emperor!

1 minute ago, Drasnighta said:

It was before my time.... ?

Young whippersnapper. In my day we started SSD threads, we didnt just ressurect them. And we started SSD threads on dial-up modems, on pre-pentium computers. Mousewheels did not allow us to scroll through pages, they powered our computers, with real mice running in them!

I’m still around, although I had forgotten I had got in on this on page 1. Since then, I’ve bought most ships twice: the FFG product and a 1/7000 version. And I’m building my second custom SSD at this point. Not an Executor, but SSDs none the less. In 1/7000 because even after all this time, scale still matters to me. 

53 minutes ago, Thalomen said:

I’m still around, although I had forgotten I had got in on this on page 1. Since then, I’ve bought most ships twice: the FFG product and a 1/7000 version. And I’m building my second custom SSD at this point. Not an Executor, but SSDs none the less. In 1/7000 because even after all this time, scale still matters to me. 

If I could trouble you to do it, I'd be interested in seeing a lineup of those various ships side by side for comparison, just so I can have my own reference for it.

2 hours ago, GiledPallaeon said:

If I could trouble you to do it, I'd be interested in seeing a lineup of those various ships side by side for comparison, just so I can have my own reference for it.

I’d be happy to. I just need to know how to post pictures. Or I could just send them direct. 

Actually, there is a super old 1/7000 thread on here where I posted some picture of my early fleet. Maybe they are still there.

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

BTW, offered as evidence that a 4' model could work - @Varyag posted over yonder the LEGO (50') version next to some Armada ships.

DO WANT

5a62c62f6fe74_LEGOSSD.jpg.ad3ff11602e7a0

(Figured it's worth posting here, as this is the Super Star Destroyer thread, and this is a handy pic to have for reference!)

Mind if I ask how you posted the picture?

I'm posting here as to what SSD the rebels would have vs the Empire's SSD and I propose a  providence-class separatist dreadnought built by Free Dac Volunteers Engineering Corps (a faction made primarily of QuarrenSeparatists that countered the Republic-loyal Mon Calamari Shipyards.)  both the Quarren and the Mon Calamari were enslaved by the Empire. I'm throwing a made up scenario that when the Empire took over the Quarren gave a undelivered providence-class dreadnought to the rebels. providence-class clocks in at 2,177.35 meters vs the home ones 1,200 meters(MC80a star cruiser)  ///  Project Sarlacc was the name of the Empires division tasked with building SSDs. protos of these started at 2,200 meters to the 19,000 meter Executor (Vader's lead ship) well we might not get the Executor in to the game I would love to see protos of the Executor vs a providence-class. also I would love the rebels to hiring Admiral Trench to command the ship do to him doing so in the old war. cannon has him dead by this time where legends does not. So I hope we could still have him.

Edited by Just-another-passer-by
spelling and grammer

1 hour ago, xanderf said:

Hey, it worked for the X-Wing side of the forum to bring the Assault Gunboat to life!  :ph34r:

It’s inevitable to me. There is no way they end the game without doing the SSD...... it’s just the SSD.....

then again, people said the same thing about Axis and Allies War at Sea not ending before the Hiryu was released and look at how that went....

2 hours ago, Battlefleet 01 Studios said:

It’s inevitable to me. There is no way they end the game without doing the SSD...... it’s just the SSD.....

then again, people said the same thing about Axis and Allies War at Sea not ending before the Hiryu was released and look at how that went....

I am not seeing the Hiryu and SSD being on the same epic level. Now if you had said the Enterprise maybe (as it is arguably the most famous US ship and I am guessing that was the lion share of buyers but I do not know), but even then I would say still not on the same level.

11 hours ago, CDAT said:

I am not seeing the Hiryu and SSD being on the same epic level. Now if you had said the Enterprise maybe (as it is arguably the most famous US ship and I am guessing that was the lion share of buyers but I do not know), but even then I would say still not on the same level.

Indeed.  And if looking for a Japanese 'closest point' reference to the Executor (heh, notably the 'looks terrifying, does nothing' angle), you'd probably find a closer match with the Shinano.

Edited by xanderf