Sign in to follow this  
zeroGrace

Quick Beast Question

Call me noob or whatever, but Beast's effect reads:

"Furious Bellow: If you discard this card from your Friend Area, choose and discard one Dark/Heartless Card in play of level 4 or below."

*Considering I have a Beast Level 3 (L&D), +8 / 0*...

I took this as, you may discard Beast and at the same time, discard a Dark/Heartless in the field level 4 or below. But playing a tournament today at my distributor's place, I was told that Beast would need to be discarded through challenge or battle. This would mean being able to use his +8 support value and his effect of discarding a Dark/Heartless in play. I'm sorry and no offense to the players that I play with, but this seems a tad bit "broken" to me. Though after being told that, I did start to think and re-read Beast's effect. Now, I personally believe that you may only discard a card from friend area when the words "You may discard this card from your Friend Area..." is displayed in the card's text, so this would apply to cards like "Merlin" and "Ariel" but not with "Piglet" because it states "If this card is discarded from your Friend Area". Now, Beast's text doesn't have the same text as "Merlin" and "Ariel" so I began to think, "What else can you do?". I don't mean disrespect to the translators of this card... don't get the wrong idea. I fell in love with this KH Card Game and I love Fantasy Flight. But I would really like it if I got a bit of help from this. And yes, I did search through the Rules Section, unfortunately, I'm still clueless.

I still believe that you need to discard Beast, but as soon as someone tells me how to actually use it, I'll be super happy.

Thanks,

Keith

um... sorry for spamming, but after looking through the forum once again, I found "Sluppie's" post and it answered the question...

I'm sorry, I guess it's just so hard with the text, again no offense to the makers and translators, but I refer to this site a lot "the comprehensive rules" and the actual rulebook itself and it's just kinda' annoying trying to bring up how people play here and how people play at the tournaments held here. Sure I try to say things, but I can't do much when they go, "Errr... I don't think so"

I guess the next thing to do is print out all of this to show it to their faces.

Again, sorry for spamming, thanks for everyone's help, though it wasn't directly directed at me. Happy KH-ing.

Keith