Sign in to follow this  
Courchevel

Strongest Hero

Glorfindel.

I keep score of all the quests in the quest log. Glorfindel is part of about half of my best scores. Until the new Silvan combos no one came close, but the Silvan are strong together not by themselves.

As Glorfindel is only strong with his attachments, not by himself? :P

There is no easy answer as the game is very versatile. However, I would pick Gandalf as he gives you too much freedom. Combined with Gandalf's Staff and Wizard's Pipe you can basically manipulate the deck. He combos nicely with Elrond's Vilya too! 

Looks like most voters only play 1-2p games. Gandalf is (completely) rubbish in 4p ^^, before you get anything set up, you are dead.

Best heroes:

Willpower focus:        Aragorn (Leadership),         Eowyn close second

Combat focus:           Legolas

Miscellaneous:          Beravor,                               Galadriel close second

Just notice that while I own all sets up to Road Darkens/Antlered Crow, my best heroes are still all from the core set, which is pretty incredible I think.

Edited by Jban

I think the main problem of polls like this is that, although they are interesting, they should split discussion between the different player modes: 1p, 2p, 3-4p.

Glorfindel (s) is by far the best hero for solo, but not so powerful 3-4 in which having low starting threat and a few points of additional attack power is not so important (but he's still very good).

On the other hand, I really came to love Beravor after playing 3-4 p games in which you can easily afford to spare 2wp or an attacker/defender to have such a powerful effect as drawing 2 cards - and she can target other players too.

For combat focus, I personally think Haldir is the best since 2 additional progress is nice but not having to defend an attacker is better. :P

Trololo, the purpose is not to have the right answer, here ... As you might know already, in this world, there is no truth ;)

The purpose is just to have the impression of the players as to which hero can be the strongest assets to beat all the existing quests.

I am pretty sure that having the opposite poll, I would have a clear leader embodied in Pippin (spirit) ;)

Anyway, feel free to share your point of view on this matters.

Are you saying that everything is subjective? ;)