Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

First Spinoff Film has a Title, and Episode 8 in 2017!

Star Wars: Rogue 1

Star Wars: Movie about pilots

Star Wars: Top Gun

Awesome. Can't wait for the volley ball scene.

Even topless twi'lek guys will never recapture the homoerotic theme of that scene.

That's not even the most homoerotic scene in the film.  There's a scene when Iceman is sitting with his RIO, with his arm around him, and they're watching gun camera footage.  And the RIO says "This really turns me on," to which Iceman replies, "Don't tease me."

I may have Top Gun memorized...(though I did change the wording of the quote to clean it up a bit for the forums).

Edited by Nightshrike

Maybe Boba Fett is the rogue, and he's the one.

*boom*

Boba Fett is being digested by the Sarlacc.

Not if this is set before E4/5/6. It'll be like Batman Begins, but well... Boba Begins doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Maybe Boba Fett is the rogue, and he's the one.

*boom*

Boba Fett is being digested by the Sarlacc.

Not if this is set before E4/5/6. It'll be like Batman Begins, but well... Boba Begins doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

"Fett at First"?

So if this rouge one is about rouge squadron, does this mean we'll see a new space sim? And not a rogue squadron rail sim. A real xwing/tie fighter successor. (If you console yards cost me a tie fighter reboot ONE MORE TIME)

I couldn't agree with you more.  Console kiddies have basically destroyed the one thing video games were good for - flight sims.  Because flight sims require you to have, I don't know, real controls and not just some stupid x-box gamepad, they're inaccessible to consoles.  Result?  Bogus so-called "air combat" games which are watered down garbage.  It's gotten so bad that now, even for PC games, they try to make it mouse and keyboard compatible.  Forget that.  I want a star wars space sim that REQUIRES you to have a full HOTAS setup, rudder pedals, and head-tracking gear.

Just remake any of the old ones with higher polygon counts.

Good point.  I managed to use a joystick emulator to pretend that my HOTAS and rudder pedals are a single 8-axis joystick and it works a treat for X-wing alliance.  Super fun, even with the limited graphics.  Not being able to look around with my head is kind of messed up though.  I'd love to see an upgraded X-wing or TIE Fighter with oculus rift support.

I'm not a huge Boba Fett fan, I must confess.  If it's an entire Boba Fett movie (which I doubt), I'll probably give it a miss.

We've known for some time that one of the 3 stand alone movies was probably going to be about fett.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/are-these-the-subjects-for-the-star-wars-spin-off-films/

I'm not a huge Boba Fett fan, I must confess.  If it's an entire Boba Fett movie (which I doubt), I'll probably give it a miss.

We've known for some time that one of the 3 stand alone movies was probably going to be about fett.

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/05/are-these-the-subjects-for-the-star-wars-spin-off-films/

Looks like they moved the order then, if this is Red 5 relabeled.

From everything that's been leaked or teased over the past year it looks like the spin offs are Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Rogue Squadron. If the name of the third film was changed from Red 5 to Rogue One it's a pretty safe bet that it's about Rogue Squadron. As for the Fett movie, I read somewhere that they're having trouble with the script, trying to work a villain into the hero, apparently they've never seen any of Clint Eastwood's old spaghetti westerns. 

Huh, now that I think about it, if you change the inflection of "Rogue" as if it were preceded by an absent "The", such as "The Rogue One", the movie can totally be about someone who went rogue (be it the from the Empire or Alliance) and it is Felicity Jones' mission to find and kill/capture that person. Or maybe she is the "One" who went "Rogue"?