Sign in to follow this  
SwWhiskeyTears87

Star Wars Stand alone movie just named.....

A quick look at IMDB says that Ms. Jones is English. Clearly she'll play an Imperial who leaves the Empire and eventually heads Rogue Squadron. Maybe they should just name her "Soontir 'Felicity' Fel"

(I am so hyped for the movie I've already decided that this will be that I can't stand it)

Edited by Punning Pundit

What do you know... The concept art for Rogue 1 was just posted... It looks like my assumption that the name "Rogue 1" is a code name for ground forces...  JFYI that doesn't really make be happy but if you look at past SW stories their have been Reb commando forces with SF squadron sounding names like "Renegade Squadron."

I think it would be perfectly obvious that the movie wasn't just going to be dogfights. And, why would you need to show concept art of X-wings and TIEs, fairly common things. There was some commando type action in the X-wing books. 

I think it would be perfectly obvious that the movie wasn't just going to be dogfights. And, why would you need to show concept art of X-wings and TIEs, fairly common things. There was some commando type action in the X-wing books.

Why would you ned concept art for a ground forces and vehicles when they already have a a lot to pickfrom from the lore.

Renegade Squadron sounded like a actual squadron when in truth they are really a multipurpose fighting force.

Hey, if Top Gun can be so successful then an X-Wing movie can be.  I'd go watch 90 minutes of dog fights.  They just need to come up with ways to one up Top Gun... Like... Hyperspace jumps while inverted and an asteroid droid flipping the bird.  It's entirely possible!