Sign in to follow this  
TimMurrayJR

IG-88 and Daredevil

Ah, ok, like that. The mist is starting to clear a bit. However, when you daredevil right, your opponent could still turn you left, leaving you with a stress and facing the wrong way...

But quite likely better than after not Daredeviling and performing the S-loop straight into his arcs. It's a reuseable Inertial Dampener if you will. It's not a trick you'd perform every turn (you've got boost and other stuff as well of course), but it's nice to know you have options. And you are performing it with a ship that has a terribly forgiving dial. You should be able to get back in the fight in no time.

Also I don't get what you're trying to say with the first part of your post, how does the direction of your S-loop/daredevil affect your legal moves and why would they all turn you 180*? Your opponent could just turn you the other way.

S-Loop to the left putting you in harm's way?

Daredevil to the right with Advanced Sensors first.

Now you're facing the opposite direction you would have traveled with the S-Loop, and all of your legal maneuvers keep you drifting in that direction.

Also I don't get what you're trying to say with the first part of your post, how does the direction of your S-loop/daredevil affect your legal moves and why would they all turn you 180*? Your opponent could just turn you the other way.

S-Loop to the left putting you in harm's way?

Daredevil to the right with Advanced Sensors first.

Now you're facing the opposite direction you would have traveled with the S-Loop, and all of your legal maneuvers keep you drifting in that direction.

At what point on the map would Slooping to the left put you in danger but Daredeviling to the right not allow your opponent to fly you off the map OR not be able to put you in a spot where you fly off the map next turn OR not just be able to turn your ship left back into their firing arcs? If their ships are so far away from your initial position that they can't pull you back into their arcs by just choosing the opposite maneuver of daredevil, then why were you even S-Looping in the first place? I'm sorry, but I would really need a real example of this working in an actual game situation, even if it was just in a mock up game of a single turn of maneuvering, before I could see it having any merit.

As a player that is always trying to figure out how to separate my opponent's ships from each other so I can get unfair exchanges that favor my ships, I cannot think of a situation where I would not LOVE to be able to pick the maneuver of my opponent's ship. I will always get to put their ship in a horrible position for them that leaves it stranded in a horrible position and bearing and unable to support the rest of their list for the next few turns.

Edited by Tvboy

you guys are missing the single best use of daredevil. do a one hard first. daredevil in the same direction. 

you just did a barrel-k-turn.

Is that really that much better then the k-turn that is already built into your ship? It effectively puts you closer to your k-turning enemies while you are actionless and vulnerable.

you guys are missing the single best use of daredevil. do a one hard first. daredevil in the same direction. 

you just did a barrel-k-turn.

Is that really that much better then the k-turn that is already built into your ship? It effectively puts you closer to your k-turning enemies while you are actionless and vulnerable.

Gives you a good chance of getting behind them, which means you've avoided damage entirely.

Gives you a good chance of them running into you, meaning you've avoided damage entirely.

Gives you less of a chance to get blocked catastrophically, meaning you'll be less likely to fall off the board.

Has a much tighter radius, meaning you'll be less likely to fall off the board

Et c. Et c.

Do not impugn the might of a 0K.

What about... Tokyo Drift

IG B 36

IG 2000 0

Mangler 4

Autothrusters 2

Predator 3

Fire Control 2

Inertial 1

IG C 36

IG 2000 0

Mangler 4

Experimental 3

Daredevil 3

Fire Control 2

Inertial 1

Proximity Mine 3

Really the shining star here is the C. Mangler is a given, let's move on. Experimental Interface allows you play a card with and action after your action. Most of the time seen with expose, but here we pair with Daredevil and Proximity Mines. Along with the C's ability to take a evade action right after you take a boost action. So you can boost out, collect your evade, then Daredevil to drift your ship around.

IG88, you drifting fool.

You also have the option of boost, evade, then poop a mine.

Edited by Herrgeist

Lol, I made something like this last night and didn't think it would get any purchase.

BRAVO CHARLIE

100 points

PILOTS

IG88-B (49)
Aggressor (36), Push the Limit (3), Advanced Sensors (3), “Mangler” Cannon (4), Inertial Dampeners (1), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

IG88-C (51)
Aggressor (36), Daredevil (3), Advanced Sensors (3), Heavy Laser Cannon (7), IG-2000 (0), Autothrusters (2)

View: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/207439/bravo-charlie
Tweak: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/build/207439