Sign in to follow this  
Biophysical

Scum & Villainy is a great expansion.

Why?  This is why.  They have a lot of real contributors in the 20-25 point range, as well as solid cheaper stuff.  That's great for 4-5 ship lists.  Rebel lists of this type are almost always stripped down mid-low level pilots.  Imperials will usually be a centerpiece + a some TIEs fighters.  Scum have a lot of cheap pilots with a wide variety of upgrade options.  Scum can have 4-5 pilots, with a few upgrades to specialize.  They won't necessarily be high PS, but a lot of them can be named, maybe with an EPT and some tricks up their sleeve.  That's not something the starter factions can do very well.  It's neat because it's a different sort of squad than we've seen previously, and it feels right given the in universe background of the faction.

I thought this was going to be about the dollar value of the Most Wanted expansion set. So, I'll just praise it on that score too. You get 3 models for less than the price of 3 single-ship expansion packs, plus cards to repurpose 3 additional models. It's really an amazing deal.

Edited by PaulTiberius

I just love how everyone's wanting to play all the new toys and figure them out. Everyone was running various Scum builds at league night last night and trying desperately to figure them out. After the uber-competativeness that was the lead-up to Store Championships, it's fun to see people trying out crazy builds again just to see what works and what doesn't.

And meanwhile, Interceptors have also come back with a vengeance.

I kinda feel bad for Rebels. They get a bump to Y-Wings, but Scum gets to play with those and more. A-Wings also see a bump with Autothrusters, but Rebel Aces was already a big love-fest for the A-Wing. They're not seeing the same excitement over finally being viable that triple Interceptors are seeing.

I thought this was going to be about the dollar value of the Most Wanted expansion set. So, I'll just praise it on that score too. You get 3 models for less than the price of 3 single-ship expansion packs, plus cards to repurpose 3 additional models. It's really an amazing deal.

The dollar set has been incredibly offset with the later FAQ.

You can now run 2 Firesprays with 1 most wanted pack or 2 bynaree and 2 a black sun pilots with MW pack and a Headhunter pack.

and 3 Y-wings so if you have 2 you won't need another MW pack.

Although I think If I work on doubles again I may get 1 more pack for more Z-95s along with a 2nd firespray and a second HWK. But that will have to wait til after the Raider so I can see my X-wing budget.

Edited by Marinealver

The dollar set has been incredibly offset with the later FAQ.

You can now run 2 Firesprays with 1 most wanted pack or 2 bynaree and 2 black sun pilots with MW pack and 2 Headhunters.

Not true about the Headhunters, you can only have 3 Zs, 3 Ys, 2 HWKs and 2 Firesprays, since there's only that number of tiles for each ship type.