Sign in to follow this  
gundamv

Any good meta Scum builds yet?

Double Aggressor has won a few Store Championships.

Which IG-88s did they use?

I can't speak to store championships, but the following list (with slight variation) showed up in two different people's hands at the my store's regular Monday night X-Wing"

IG-88B + Push the Limit + "Mangler" Cannon + Advanced Sensors + Autothrusters + IG-2000 (title) + Inertial Dampeners

IG-88C + Push the Limit + "Mangler" Cannon + Advanced Sensors + Autothrusters + IG-2000 (title) + Inertial Dampeners

I ran into a surprisingly tough match against kavil, palob, and drea.

Kavil and palob both running blaster turrets and opportunist. Drea was a standard ion warthog. Palob had stealth device, which make him dodgy as hell if I boosted my aggressor for the free token.

I got drea, but kavil and palob cleaned house.

Spice Runner Swarm. That is all.

What does that look like?

Step 1: Put 6 Spice Runners on the table. (You're at 96 points, so you're almost sure to have initiative!)

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit!

I prefer to fly them in nice tight formation, so I generally fly just 5 so I can put a Dead Man's Switch and targeting computer on each of them

It's only been one weekend but here are the Scum squads that have placed in tournaments so far.

On the more serious side than my post upthread, there is no Wave 6 metagame yet. People are still in that golden phase where they experiment and run lists they think will be good, or just fun, rather than waiting for someone else to tell them what's good.

There will be time enough later to get comfortable with a stable (stale?) metagame. For now, just play.

For sure, I agree, but if people are asking for lists or builds already to get some ideas it can't hurt to check out. I don't know if I've ever netlisted an entire list for a tournament, but I like to see what combos people are using and then pair them up with my own favourites or add my own twist.

agreed with Vorpal, it hasn't nearly been time enough to settle on a meta

If you ask me to pick some power players out of a hat, though, I'd point fingers at Y-wings and, surprisingly, the Scyk. Imo, these two have some incredibly solid potential power for their costs and can represent some really incredibly difficult choices (especially in the case of Seri)

Oh, and Palob. Palob still seems ******* insane.

My personal favorite, though, is Xizor with a feedback array Z mini-swarm. Don't know how competitive it is, only that it's basically the most fun list ever and that it require quite a bit of positioning prowess to pull off successfully. It certainly brings that difficult decision element (Xizor will almost never be shot), but you are relying quite a bit on your mini-swarm and Zs are pretty difficult ships to rely on (though Zs with feedbacks are worlds away from plain ol' crappy Zs)

Edited by ficklegreendice

I want to try 5 Spice Runners with ABTs (for lolz). That leaves you 10 points to outfit them. Or more sensibly 5 Thugs with ABTs.

The Thugs would definitely be better due to their durability and better dial. Not to mention they can actually throw some dice range 2-3. I just don't want to buy 5 Ys or HWKs. I do think 5 Thugs would actually be a solid squad. That many range 1 bubbles would be hard to avoid and you are packing 40 hitpoints. At most you'll be only rolling 6-8 die at range 1 on a single target, but those are unavoidable die (just hope you don't roll crits). You could burn down a turreted ship very quickly. Phantoms would run scared as would anything with low HPs. It would struggle against BBBBZ or a Swarm, as they would likely out-damage you in a joust. You would have to win initiative and try to close the gap as soon as possible so you can get in and kill a B before you get all that return fire.

Edited by Jo Jo

I ran into a surprisingly tough match against kavil, palob, and drea.

Kavil and palob both running blaster turrets and opportunist. Drea was a standard ion warthog. Palob had stealth device, which make him dodgy as hell if I boosted my aggressor for the free token.

I got drea, but kavil and palob cleaned house.

And motherf***ers act like they forgot about Drea.

I can't speak to store championships, but the following list (with slight variation) showed up in two different people's hands at the my store's regular Monday night X-Wing"

IG-88B + Push the Limit + "Mangler" Cannon + Advanced Sensors + Autothrusters + IG-2000 (title) + Inertial Dampeners

IG-88C + Push the Limit + "Mangler" Cannon + Advanced Sensors + Autothrusters + IG-2000 (title) + Inertial Dampeners

This is the exact list I've worked myself into flying after trying a bunch of different IG builds. It's really effective.

I think 5 alpha squadron TIE Interceptors each with autothrusters is going to be pretty good. Might not see it a lot ue to the drought in regular Interceptor expansions and everyone already having Imperial Aces, but it's rather potent as long as Phantoms don't start to dominate again.

Mike, we actually play tested on Thursday against Dash+Corran and I think he decided he liked B & D with Predator instead of PTL a little more after testing both variants against me, Predator and D give you more consistent damage and less reliant on green dice, although I think he still wanted to try PTL+FCS. 

1st place at a recent Regionals Practice Tournament was this Scum list, which I have since started practicing against solo and been having a hard time beating it with anything but my most hardened tourney lists:

Serissu - Swarm Tactics, title, Mangler, Stealth Device

x3 Cartel Spacer - title, Mangler, Stealth Device

Mike, we actually play tested on Thursday against Dash+Corran and I think he decided he liked B & D with Predator instead of PTL a little more after testing both variants against me, Predator and D give you more consistent damage and less reliant on green dice, although I think he still wanted to try PTL+FCS. 

1st place at a recent Regionals Practice Tournament was this Scum list, which I have since started practicing against solo and been having a hard time beating it with anything but my most hardened tourney lists:

Serissu - Swarm Tactics, title, Mangler, Stealth Device

x3 Cartel Spacer - title, Mangler, Stealth Device

Yeah, I think the way to play M3a's is with stealth. They need to not get hit at all and stacking them with serrisu's ability should make them fairly hard to kill. At range 3 that's 5 dice with a reroll and defensive focus, but you're denying the opponent range 3 bonus while rolling 3 attack dice yourself.

I have a feeling 4 B wing lists are going to gain some traction. I'm going to be flying 4 b's and 4 tacticians tonight at a tourney. It's going to get dumb how much stress I'm going to be dumping on stuff while still maintaining full damage potential. I can't really think of anything that could take this on besides for tycho, and you've already lost when you've put 30+ points into a two attack ship.