Sign in to follow this  
Hygric

Congratulations FFG!

I have also been playing RPGs for nearly 30 years and these books have definitely set a new standard in quality and content. Not to mention the system is the most fun I have ever had with an RPG.

Thank you for recapturing the magic of Star Wars.

I even want the books I don't want. It's like a sickness...

I haven't yet found a book that I don't want. Although, as a GM, I want them all  ;)

There has not been a mediocre book in the bunch, all are of very high quality in every way.  :D

I haven't yet found a book that I don't want. Although, as a GM, I want them all  ;)

There has not been a mediocre book in the bunch, all are of very high quality in every way.  :D

I'm a gm also, and in my case it's the adventures I'll probably never use... but I buy them anyway! :P

I'm a gm also, and in my case it's the adventures I'll probably never use... but I buy them anyway! :P

Even if I don't use the adventures as written I still get ideas from them. I recently ran "The Jewel of Yavin", although I made a number of changes to the adventure, I did use a lot of the source material on Bespin. Another well written and useful book.

I agree with the above posters. I think FFG has really set the bar high in terms of image and content quality. They clearly do their research on what's been released in the EU (Legends) and weave that into their products. Everything I've read from them has been value added for my game.

As I've been known to post before, my sole complaint is that the EotE core book comes loose from it's spine. Keep in mind it gets traveled a lot in a backpack full of other game books and also gets heavy use for looking up rules, equipment, and NPCs. I'm definitely not saying that it isn't rugged. I'm just saying my copy has the body of the pages disconnected from the book's spine with the separation occurring early after purchasing the book.

As I've been known to post before, my sole complaint is that the EotE core book comes loose from it's spine. Keep in mind it gets traveled a lot in a backpack full of other game books and also gets heavy use for looking up rules, equipment, and NPCs. I'm definitely not saying that it isn't rugged. I'm just saying my copy has the body of the pages disconnected from the book's spine with the separation occurring early after purchasing the book.

Yeah, mine is getting bad enough that I may have to buy a second copy of the CRB.

If that happens, then I’ll definitely take the first copy and cut it up completely, so that I can scan in all the pages and have an electronic copy that I can take with me wherever I want.

I won’t make that electronic copy available to anyone else, so that shouldn’t be a copyright violation, but it sure would be nice to have a proper e-book version instead of being forced to scan in a cut-up copy of the book.

Yeah, mine is getting bad enough that I may have to buy a second copy of the CRB.

If that happens, then I’ll definitely take the first copy and cut it up completely, so that I can scan in all the pages and have an electronic copy that I can take with me wherever I want.

I won’t make that electronic copy available to anyone else, so that shouldn’t be a copyright violation, but it sure would be nice to have a proper e-book version instead of being forced to scan in a cut-up copy of the book.

I'd recommend taking that baby in to Staples or some-such and having them cut the spine off cleanly (for about $1). Then once you've scanned it, bring it back to them and have it spiral-bound for a couple of bucks (I do this with music books all the time) with clear plastic covers. No need to stop using it!

I'd recommend taking that baby in to Staples or some-such and having them cut the spine off cleanly (for about $1). Then once you've scanned it, bring it back to them and have it spiral-bound for a couple of bucks (I do this with music books all the time) with clear plastic covers. No need to stop using it!

Hmm. So Staples has the tools to do that? They’d need a heavy-duty machine to cut through all those layers of paper and bindings. I know those things exist, because I’ve seen them and I’ve even known guys that would take a whole bunch of D&D books and cut the spines off and put them back together as a single leather-bound volume.

But I never considered that a place like Staples might actually have the machinery required to do that sort of thing….

Thanks!

Hmm. So Staples has the tools to do that? They’d need a heavy-duty machine to cut through all those layers of paper and bindings. I know those things exist, because I’ve seen them and I’ve even known guys that would take a whole bunch of D&D books and cut the spines off and put them back together as a single leather-bound volume.

But I never considered that a place like Staples might actually have the machinery required to do that sort of thing….

Thanks!

In college, I worked in a copy/printing place and used those very machines myself. The electric (better) ones take up maybe four square meters of floorspace (2x2), so not everybody will have those on-site... phoning ahead would be good. 

There is a manual, hand-cranked model, but those can be pretty inaccurate and I'd hate to trust a $40-60 book to one. Still, either way beats a pair of scissors!  :P

There are a couple of books that are very low on my priority list but I hope to have them all some day.