Sign in to follow this  
KRKappel

Strongholds of Resistance (AOR Location Book)

Mon Cala was called Dac in Fly Casual, which I believe is the more commonly used name in the expanded universe  FFG should try to be consistent.

Different people call it different things.

Besides, isn't EU moot now?

Um... FFG is mining the HELL out of the EU. Except they are picking out the best stuff, and the chaff gets ignored. (And I am SO happy. :D  )

This is an old WEG d6 Star Wars GM talking.

Edited by OrangeCat

Yes!! Finally Verpine. I wish there are included some Verpine weapons.

Verpine weapons, not sure such things exist considering they're complete pacifists. It took the Empire trying to wipe out their entire species to convince them to join the Alliance. 

Yes!! Finally Verpine. I wish there are included some Verpine weapons.

Verpine weapons, not sure such things exist considering they're complete pacifists. It took the Empire trying to wipe out their entire species to convince them to join the Alliance. 

Verpine were complete pacifists? They had no problem designing starfighters for the Republic in the Clone Wars era so I doubt the would have issues designing weapons for their own use.

The best stuff? Like the Age core rulebook's history of the Rebellion being built from Force Unleashed?

Yeah I could have done without mention of Starkiller in any products, especially since his role in the formation of the Rebellion was just pasted into what had already been made available by WEG, in terms of the three founding parties and the name for the treaty and locale it took place at.

Fly Casual I believe was pretty delayed, and this book is at least 3-5 months earlier than I'd have predicted it to be announced. The turn-around on most of these books is about a year from when we writers hand in our assignments.

Just gonna go out on a limb and guess that the way you are liking this thread your name is in this one too?

Indeed. I wrote the entries for Mon Cala, Chandrila, and Sullust, all of which are mentioned in the article. As for the Dac/Mon Cala naming issue, you have to remember there are two different sentient peoples on Mon Cala/Dac, the Mon Calamari and the Quarren. Seeing as the Free Dac Volunteers were aligned with the Separtists, along with the Quarren isolationist league, I think we can determine that the Quarren refer to their homeworld as Dac, while the Mon Calamari refer to it as Mon Cala. Finally, consider that LFL was in a state of flux as far as what canon is and was when some of this stuff was written what with the establishment of the story group and what have you. The rules might have shifted under our feet in some places. 

I.J. funny, I am indeed salivating over things I am writing right now....though I confess that is typical of me.

I wish the fluff from the Clone Wars comics that had the Mon Cal as Seps would have survived. Gave the fish some depth (pun entirely intentional).

The best stuff? Like the Age core rulebook's history of the Rebellion being built from Force Unleashed?

And the Edge core book mentioning the Zann Consortium (yuck).

While I do like that they are basically drawing almost all their content from the old EU, they have brought up a few parts of it that I'd rather forget. But the overwhelming majority of the content is still great.

Yeah I could have done without mention of Starkiller in any products, especially since his role in the formation of the Rebellion was just pasted into what had already been made available by WEG, in terms of the three founding parties and the name for the treaty and locale it took place at.

With the latest episode of Rebels I can just mentally replace Starkiller with Ahsoka and feel more comfortable about that.

Yeah I'm going to be upset if Garm bel Iblis gets left out of the new canon's foundation of the Alliance since he's my favorite EU charatcer but we'll see.

I doubt he would be left out as he was one of those mentioned along with Mon Mothma as canidates to replace the Chancellor in Phantom Menace, though I would expect anything related to Starkiller to be scrubbed from any mention, since they story group very early on indicated TFU was getting the canonhammer 6 months prior to Legends being announced

Where was Garm or Mon Mothma mentioned in The Phantom Menace? The candiates I remember being nominated to replace the Chancollor in The Phantom Menace were Bail Antilles, apparently Bail is a common male name on Alderaan, and someone from Malastare? Mothma showed up in The Clone Wars a few times and they were both in deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith but I'm not sure if deleted scenes are canon.

On anther front I wonder if Corellia will be covered in this book? Suns of Fortune didn't cover the Alliance in the Corellian sector at all IMO and this would be a good place to do so given that the Corellian resistance was one of the founding members of the Alliance along with Chandrila, which is in the book, and Alderaan which has of course been destroyed by the AOR era Also Corellia's resistance supplied a lot of the early Alliance's space power..