Sign in to follow this  
Beatty

Armada &Rebels the show (Spoilers)

If you are following the Rebels and have not seen the latest episode stop here. Mild spoilers ahead. I am keeping the the best parts of the Episode off this thread.

So watching the latest show of Rebels I seriously got pumped for Armada. Seriously, the show seems to get better as the season progresses and both me and my 8 year old son love it.

But back to the reason for this thread. Towards the end when when they showed the mass swarm of Ties, like Endor swarm, closing in with the ISD's in the back ground then switching to the Gozanti coming out of Hyperspace supported by the CR90's and Ghost that ram through the Tie swarm grab the heros then jump back into Hyperspace I seriously wanted to get on the phone and yell at FFG for my copy of Armada.

The scene was short but the level was epic.

Did you checked the Rebels Recon video for the last episode?!

Next season we get a rebel command cruiser, Phoenix Squadron flying Prototype A-wings (a big retcon for ortodox fans, but cool to watch on screen), commander Sato and of course Ashoka Tano as a rebel leader. Also episode before there was a light imperial cruiser from Clone Wars. Edited by Naugdil

Watche

Next season we get a rebel command cruiser, Phoenix Squadron flying Prototype A-wings (a big retcon for ortodox fans, but cool to watch on screen), commander Sato and of course Ashoka Tano as a rebel leader. Also episode before there was a light imperial cruiser from Clone Wars.

Watched the video... does Vader have any gravitas anymore?  Pretty sure Lucas killed that.

Watche

Next season we get a rebel command cruiser, Phoenix Squadron flying Prototype A-wings (a big retcon for ortodox fans, but cool to watch on screen), commander Sato and of course Ashoka Tano as a rebel leader. Also episode before there was a light imperial cruiser from Clone Wars.

Watched the video... does Vader have any gravitas anymore? Pretty sure Lucas killed that.
if you have seen the Clone Wars animation you would know Star Wars had been wrestled away from Lucas' hands and has been reborn as good. I mean the Clone Wars as way better than Episode 1-3. The Rebels is being done by the same crew that did Clone Wars so I do have high hopes.

Also after Lucas sold the copy rights he has been removed from any story writing for anything Star Wars. (Thank God! We may have thought Anakin's actor was the worst decision but do you remember Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? Just imagine Episode 7 being done after that. Try not to have nightmares tonight.)

Edited by Beatty

I think I'm in the minority in that I did not like the majority of clone wars. It had its moments and was made well but most of it was pretty bad IMO. However so far I love Rebels, much better writing and the characters are well done. I root for the good guys and boo the guys, and that's coming from an imperialist at heart lol. I cannot wait for next season.

That last scene with the ships made me wish I had my toys already!!

Edited by miridor

Watche

Watched the video... does Vader have any gravitas anymore? Pretty sure Lucas killed that.
if you have seen the Clone Wars animation you would know Star Wars had been wrestled away from Lucas' hands and has been reborn as good. I mean the Clone Wars as way better than Episode 1-3. The Rebels is being done by the same crew that did Clone Wars so I do have high hopes.

Also after Lucas sold the copy rights he has been removed from any story writing for anything Star Wars. (Thank God! We may have thought Anakin's actor was the worst decision but do you remember Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull? Just imagine Episode 7 being done after that. Try not to have nightmares tonight.)

Clone Wars was only okay. I enjoyed the first Samurai Jack-esque season, but the follow-ups were average at best. Anakin is a whiny, annoying brat in any of his incarnations. I am enjoying Rebels so far. I do have high hopes with the Disney-driven Star Wars (not that I am a huge fan of Disney, but they could have given the series to Uwe Boll and still been better off after Lucas). I do hope they release the bluerays of the original films without all the stupid crap Lucas has added over the years.

Watche

Clone Wars was only okay. I enjoyed the first Samurai Jack-esque season, but the follow-ups were average at best. Anakin is a whiny, annoying brat in any of his incarnations. I am enjoying Rebels so far. I do have high hopes with the Disney-driven Star Wars (not that I am a huge fan of Disney, but they could have given the series to Uwe Boll and still been better off after Lucas). I do hope they release the bluerays of the original films without all the stupid crap Lucas has added over the years.
Mister Lucas supposedly had the originals destroyed so no one could rerelease the originals without his "new visions" that he added in. Dumbest thing I ever heard a director doing. And didn't anyone one at Lucas Films have enough guts to say "hey George this is a bad idea"?

But let's hope that now George is out of the picture now (he has gone bat$$$$ crazy) Star Wars can again become an icon for the next generation.

I think I'm in the minority in that I did not like the majority of clone wars. It had its moments and was made well but most of it was pretty bad IMO. However so far I love Rebels, much better writing and the characters are well done. I root for the good guys and boo the guys, and that's coming from an imperialist at heart lol. I cannot wait for next season.

That last scene with the ships made me wish I had my toys already!!

I wish the resistance fleet had more variety of ship classes in it but it was still a fun scene and I'm hoping there might be more joint resistance efforts, including small fleet missions in season 2.

As for the Clone Wars I liked the first couple of seasons but once the Mandalorian kids arc started in early season 3 my enjoyment of the series went into a nosedive.and despite a few arcs I liked later I enjoyed less of the series with each season from that point on. What sucks is that from what I heard about the plans for season 6 my enjoyment of that season would probably have been the highest since season 3 if it had been completed. And so far most of the incomplete season 6 stuff they have announced being released or have released aren't from the arcs I was looking forward too.

Watche

Mister Lucas supposedly had the originals destroyed so no one could rerelease the originals without his "new visions" that he added in. Dumbest thing I ever heard a director doing. And didn't anyone one at Lucas Films have enough guts to say "hey George this is a bad idea"?

But let's hope that now George is out of the picture now (he has gone bat$$$$ crazy) Star Wars can again become an icon for the next generation.

From what I've heard many, many of the problems Lucasarts suffered were because Lucas had bad ideas and no one could talk him out of them. I imagine the same would hold true for the movies but weren't the originals released on DVD?

Edit: The A-Wings being brought in earlier then they were used in Legends doesn't surprise me. I mean in Legends they had to create the R-22 Spearheads after A-Wings started appearing before the Legends background for the A-Wing said they were in use so them having the A-Wings being in use pre-Alliance isn't to shocking to me. I didn't see anything about a Rebel Command cruiser though unless you meant the Pelta Frigate in formation with the A-Wings?

Edited by RogueCorona

That is actually an interesting observation. I watched one of the documentaries about the making of the Phantom Menace, and I noted that whenever Lucas would walk in on a department to check up on them, everyone was stock still and terrified-looking. You would expect these guys to love their jobs... wow, I work at Lucas Arts! I get to interact with George Lucas! Respectful since he's the boss? Sure. Starstruck since he's Lucas? Maybe. But no, they were all terrified. Gives some insight into his management approach. Same thing when they watched the first cut. No one was excited about the work they just completed, no one was even looking at the crapfest on the screen, they were all tense as hell and staring at George. When he made some off-hand "maybe we tried to do to much" remark or something along those lines, most of them looked ready to faint. He bought into his own hype, and allowed for no input in any aspect of the operation. Hence we get the new trilogy. I think even he realized by the third movie that "crap, this was supposed to be about Vader's fall to the Dark Side, not stupid races and political discourse and goofy robots!" and proceeded to rush all of Anakin's character development into 10 minutes of screen time. "I want to be a Jedi hero!"... 30 seconds later... "I be murderinz deez childrenz!"

I mean, I guess we shouldn't have been surprised. This is the man that considered Empire Strikes Back as the worst of the Star Wars films (i.e. the only one he didn't direct and barely produced and had the least amount of input on the script), when it's probably better than all of the rest of the films combined.

I follow the school of Patton Oswald. If I had a time machine, the first thing I would do is go back and murder George Lucas with a shovel.

Edited by withershadow

Gonna pull a Chopper here: Wha-what-WHAAAAAA?

Where is this info coming from? Especially about the ships? ARE THERE PICTURES? [Clangs from strut to strut + twirls head + beeps of aggression]

[More BEEPS OF AGGRESSION]

EDIT: Right after I posted this the video clip started revealing these things. My bad. Also, AWESOME!

Edited by R22

Gawd, A-wings are sooooooo bad ass. Can't believe they're getting more attention now. I know they're historcally around and even present at the DS1 battle but actually seeing them this early is epic.

I just slo-mo paused through all the concept art and it's incredible. Love seeing all the detail they're putting in. Also, might this settle the long ranging debate about how big the A-wing and its cockpit is since the show is cannon?

Edited by R22

As for the original prints being destroyed, reconstruction is still possible: http://arstechnica.com/business/2010/05/star-wars/1/

Of course, 20th Century Fox owns rights to A New Hope in perpetuity, so they would either have to sell it to Disney or work out some sort of deal. There are also all sorts of licensing contracts and the like in place for the special editions, etc. so we will probably have the third trilogy all out and in theaters before we see any original prints of the first one.

Edit: The A-Wings being brought in earlier then they were used in Legends doesn't surprise me. I mean in Legends they had to create the R-22 Spearheads after A-Wings started appearing before the Legends background for the A-Wing said they were in use so them having the A-Wings being in use pre-Alliance isn't to shocking to me. I didn't see anything about a Rebel Command cruiser though unless you meant the Pelta Frigate in formation with the A-Wings?

Yeah, I meant the Pelta Frigate. In artwork it's named Rebel Capitol Ship, but I didn't recognize it as a previous ship from Clone Wars. Seems to be Sato's command ship in the second season. I mixed up ship class with recently shown light cruiser.