Sixwood

Outer Atlantic Fleet

Haha :)

Don't forget that i m french, and i have to use google sometimes to understand all the details ^^ :):P

next one is a defender i m working on ! and a bomber... and a starfighter, and a yt 1300 and... pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Some of the best paint brushes come from the fur of the Siberian Weasel, often refered to as sable brushes. From memory it's the longer guard hairs that are used to make the paintbrushes. I guess I just took it for granted that a master painter like yourself might know that little fact. Then again, I did use to breed ferrets and run a boarding kennel for them, as well as painting miniatures at the same time, so probably it's assumed knowledge on my part. lol That said, you can get synthetic sable brushes these days which are **** great paintbrushes too. And also kinder to your furry little friend the Siberian Weasel.   ;)

Guest *SOLAR FLARE
3 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

That Scurrg is top notch too. That rusted bronze looks sooooooooo perfectly executed.

I nod my head at you.

Exactly my thoughts. Awesome paintwork!

Just found this post for the first time, and holy macaroni this stuff is amazing.  You've definitely gotten me inspired and discouraged at the same time lol.  

If you don't mind me asking, what is your process for removing the inside (but leaving the frame) of the TIE panels?  Do you use an xacto knife?  Do you ever heat up the model first to make cutting easier?  

I really wanna try and copy part of that defender build now, thanks a lot!  

On 23/7/2017 at 2:40 PM, Sixwood said:

This ship is really cool to paint :)

I brougth one Scurrg to, theorically, keep the cards and try to sell the nude ship. But I'am strongly desiring no one buy it so I can paint it for my mini Scum fleet!

I've been watching the entire thread and you make me cry. You're a genious. The astrodroids will bring me to commit seppuku.

Free hand. You paint lines that straight free hand. I was in architecture in a past life and I couldn't do lines that straight with a machine. Your skill is absolutely unparalleled sir. I could only imagine how much more I could do with just a fraction of your skill and talent. Truly an inspiration to us all.

Wow. Just went through the whole thread. Makes me kind of want to post my repaints and at the same time, like many here, makes me want to throw it away.

Question for your white TIE Bomber, how did you detail the paneling? My Imperial Praetorians are also white and I don't really know how to detail them well without discarding the pristine look they have.

Again, wow. These ships are gorgeous. Props to you.

Sixwood, you know I always like your stuff, but you are a braver man than me sometimes. I mean, that TIE Defender with removed panels, doesn't that just makes the leftover frame ridiculously flimsy? Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but from a practical standpoint it seems like it could break at any moment.

many thanks all !!

@Praetorate: when i m painting a white schem, i m always in trouble.. this color is horrible to paint and give a good render.

For my empire squad i ve used the same " technique" :

all gamesworkshop :

base of palid wish flesh 

wash of agrax with water

and 3 or 4 highlights with palid mix white to finish pure white.

Simple !

@macross : :) yes i know :)  for my second store champ this year, my opponent push his big finger on the top of my defender to fix it before a tricky manouver...

All the panel broke ! but not the frame ^^

As you know i m a profane in the star wars universe, so i don't paint official schem and my little conversion are often non "realist"  :)

And my english is ugly too ^^