Sign in to follow this  
Kager

Career books..

Are we supposed to get a career book for the Bounty Hunter And Technician Careers as well?

Just wondering if that is the intent or had FFG moved on to AoR career books now..

Eventually, but they will be intermixed with AoR and FaD stuff.

Yeah, but I don’t believe they have slowed the schedule for EotE books. Or is my math off?

I think you math is just fine. I think it is more of when books are finished and that the teams that finished their EotE Products have been shifted to AoR and FaD.

I was actually surprised we got the Diplomat book prior to the initial F&D Beginner/Core/GM Kit/Adventure, so I would expect we will see either one or both remaining EoTE career books announced before years end.

Edited by Greymere

There's also setting and adventures we could yet see. I think its a bit premature to worry that anything will be "abandoned" in favour of the next, as the whole system is 100% compatible and interchangeable. Just need patience for the stuff you want that isn't here yet.

I'm betting on Bounty Hunter being last as well. I'm just worried that its spacecraft selection will be rather over focused like Fly Casual's was.

I always read a post before I read who posted it; but in your case, I always know it's you before I've finished reading the post.  :D

Yeah honestly I expected more sil 5 maybe even sil 6 ships in Fly Casual then we got. I don't think we'll see any in the Bounty Hunter book unless there is a piracy focused spec, or they are opposition craft. Smugglers make use of a number of Sil 5 or 6 craft in the lore. Bounty Hunters usually work solo or in small teams and sil 4 craft at the largest in most cases from what I recall. I'm hoping there are some new fighters though, especially the Novasword which is my second favorite Star Wars fighter, and according to its background was purchased by many Bounty Hunters.

Yeah, most of the ships shown at http://swrpg.viluppo.net/books/book/23/ are Sil 4. There’s one Sil 3, two Sil 5s (but we’ve seen the Gozanti before), one Sil 7, and one Sil 8 stationary Space Defense Platform.

But don’t look too close at some of those listings, we’ve got three new hull types that we need to add to the system, and for some reason I am not able to do that myself.

Well if everyone is betting on the Bounty Hunter book being last I might as well state I am sure the Technician book will be. :)

There is no fun without opposition… 

In fact that is also the book I am most looking forward to.

Well the Technician book will likely be a book with a new mechanic for making things. 

Im probably most looking forward to the technician book.
Bounty hunters are always cool, but there are already games and books etc with plenty of reference for them.
I think the more narrative focused roles benefit the most from the extra info.

Pretty sure the plans for all the books is just try to get as much out as they can around when the movie is released so people can engorge themselves with Star Wars

We literally just got a Hutt space source book and a Smuggler sourcebook released pretty much at the same time.

Next up is the F&D Beginner game, Core Rulebook and GM screen no doubt, followed shortly after by some kind of adventure book (going by AoR and EotE release patterns) then we may hear of more AoR materials since there hasn't been an AoR announcement for a while if I remember correctly.